Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1976 Unreleased Pro-Footage

This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them).
    Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand?
    For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09).
    Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.

I can only guess, but I think part of the issue at play is that Sabbath have considered themselves a current band capable of competing in the current music market.

I get the feeling they think that releasing old, archival material is for bands who are not able to be relevant NOW.

Again, this is just a guess.

Maybe now that "The End" has occurred, we'll begin to see the vaults open up, but it will still be a while. These guys have current product recorded THIS year out THIS week!
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I can only guess, but I think part of the issue at play is that Sabbath have considered themselves a current band capable of competing in the current music market.

I get the feeling they think that releasing old, archival material is for bands who are not able to be relevant NOW.

Again, this is just a guess.

Maybe now that "The End" has occurred, we'll begin to see the vaults open up, but it will still be a while. These guys have current product recorded THIS year out THIS week!
    Sounds very plausible to me! We should not forget though that Sabbath released two live CDs from 1970 only last year - Montreux and Brussels, both as part of the Paranoid Super Deluxe Box. Maybe there is a chance that they will go on releasing old live material - BUT probable not too soon, since, as you rightly point out, they have released current live recordings only this week.

i bet that pro footage it mentions is ,it's alright & rock n roll doctor vid's ???

Quote Originally Posted by mikesline View Post
    i bet that pro footage it mentions is ,it's alright & rock n roll doctor vid's ???
    No. Its a full concert professionally filmed at Capital Centre Landover, Dec 09 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Geelerm View Post
    This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them). Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand? For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09). Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.
    Dear lord I would love to
    See this!!

Not proshot but when the New York footage of Ozzy with Randy Rhoads came up a few years back for the 30th anniversary the guy who owned and sold The Osbournes the video also had a sabbath never say die tour show that he recorded. 3MM show same as the Randy. I'd love to see that also.

Banned

This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them).
    Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand?
    For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09).
    Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.
    This has been a topic of conversation before...the most likely reason for not releasing this stuff is rights issues...plus with 99.9% possibility the band has absolutely zero knowlage that it even exists.

Unless the record company sees some money making opportunity in finding some old stuff and purchasing the rights to them AND remastering them for a release they will never see the light of day.

We were extremely lucky to get the Live At Hammersmith as a rhino handmade special back in 2007. That was a real deep vault release...

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    This has been a topic of conversation before...the most likely reason for not releasing this stuff is rights issues...plus with 99.9% possibility the band has absolutely zero knowlage that it even exists.

Unless the record company sees some money making opportunity in finding some old stuff and purchasing the rights to them AND remastering them for a release they will never see the light of day.

We were extremely lucky to get the Live At Hammersmith as a rhino handmade special back in 2007. That was a real deep vault release...
    Exactly. I think you summed it up well.
    Anyway, it's a pity. There are dozens of less relevant bands from 70s with hundreds of more hours of old footage available than Sabbath, even unofficially. And Sabbath was magical and unbeatable in the 70's, it's unfortunate that they always re-use the same and the same and the same well known footage ("paris 70", "hammersmith 78", "don krishners 75" or "cal jam 74", etc.)

Meanwhile, we continue to rely on inhospitable "bootleggers and collectors circles" to gain access to the old footages of the best band the planet has ever known. Its a pity.

Meanwhile, we continue to rely on inhospitable "bootleggers and collectors circles" to gain access to the old footages of the best band the planet has ever known. Its a pity.
    Amen brother!!!!!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

At least the footage we have is really good but i do agree, more would be nice.

No. Its a full concert professionally filmed at Capital Centre Landover, Dec 09 1976.
    fuck really ,danm bastards better cut loose or it's "fake news" to me haha

i see it now
    http://reelinintheyears.com/database-search/

It says 11-9-76 that's selland arena ,fresno,ca which i never seen any pro-concerts shot there by any band,but that would be sweet if true !!!
    you know i had conversation with geezer's roadie -les martin he told me they filmed whole show at hammersmith odeon'77 and during soundcheck they did -its alright -rock n roll doctor promos (that are on compilation release) possibly that ????
    Last edited by mikesline; 11-25-2017 at 05:01 PM.

It says 11-9-76 that's selland arena ,fresno,ca which i never seen any pro-concerts shot there by any band,but that would be sweet if true !!!
    Because its wrong month in RTY database. The real date is 12-9-76 (capitol centre). A trusted person involved told me.

you know i had conversation with geezer's roadie -les martin he told me they filmed whole show at hammersmith odeon'77 and during soundcheck they did -its alright -rock n roll doctor promos (that are on compilation release) possibly that ????
    Not that. Its another, believe me! I know the infos about pro shot info at hammersmith 77 (1977-03-14 & 15 to be more correct).
    12-9-76 is another pro shot.

anything would be sweet to see !!!,that was first time i seen sabbath on teac tour in long beach arena,always remember the devil's face at top scared the shit out of my sister and she waited in car for us -it was different in those days with devil thing was attached to sabbath ,there were no other bands out there ,like now a days .

WE HAVE A CLIP!!!

Honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out NOW!!!

Woohoo! This is a nice present!! Cheers!!!
    Last edited by Axe fiend; 12-31-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    We dont see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Great stuff popeybonaparte, thank you!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    we have a clip!!!

honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out now!!!
    now were talking!

God bless

This is without a doubt the best footage of Sabbath I've ever seen. They're at their undisputed peak, Ozzy's singing is amazing, they're all fucking amazing! We've got to have this entire show out!!!

They're at their undisputed peak...
    Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted
    Hi Ted, hope you're well

I'll say Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left and then again with the Heaven and Hell release up to Mob Rules and then again with Born Again, that's my opinion, maybe not a popular opinion, but that's my opinion.

I love and will take any new footage of Sabbath available.

WE HAVE A CLIP!!! YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqeG-RbOs Honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out NOW!!!
    Oh my my!!!! Excellent find. Clearly this footage is for sale. I can't believe the Osbournes haven't already purchased it. Much like everything they purchased last year that was about to go to auction.

Does anyone know the setlist that night?

Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Oh my my!!!! Excellent find. Clearly this footage is for sale. I can't believe the Osbournes haven't already purchased it. Much like everything they purchased last year that was about to go to auction.

Does anyone know the setlist that night?
    Here is the setlist for the next night at Niagara Falls.

Symptom of the Universe
    Snowblind
    All Moving Parts (Stand Still)
    War Pigs
    Gypsy
    Black Sabbath
    Megalomania
    Dirty Women
    Guitar Solo
    Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
    Drum Solo
    Electric Funeral
    Iron Man
    Children of the Grave
    Paranoid
    Last edited by Drago; 12-31-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Here is the setlist for the next night at Niagara Falls. Symptom of the Universe Snowblind All Moving Parts (Stand Still) War Pigs Gypsy Black Sabbath Megalomania Dirty Women Guitar Solo Rock 'N' Roll Doctor Drum Solo Electric Funeral Iron Man Children of the Grave Paranoid
    The website has the set list. It's the same as Drago listed above with the exception of Megalomania.

80 min 14 sec run time.

Same folks have this show also. That is probably why it's fallen off YouTube.

https://youtu.be/jbxgVvxU5fo

Banned

A very cool find indeed!

Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was.

But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip...

Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source...

Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!

WE HAVE A CLIP!!!
    Thanks for posting, great footage.

A very cool find indeed! Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was. But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip... Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source... Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!
    Like you, I'm astonished by the sound quality!

A very cool find indeed!

Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was.

But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip...

Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source...

Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!
    This was just shot for in house screens at the venue. A lot of sports arenas did this in the mid to late 70s in the US which is the only reason a lot of footage exists.

Banned

This was just shot for in house screens at the venue. A lot of sports arenas did this in the mid to late 70s in the US which is the only reason a lot of footage exists.
    That might make sense but wouldn't it be without sound then? Also I didn't see any screens on stage...Ofcourse it is possible that the screens were on the sides of the arena and thus not visible here. But still the sound is in question...

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Hi Ted, hope you're well

I'll say Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left and then again with the Heaven and Hell release up to Mob Rules and then again with Born Again, that's my opinion, maybe not a popular opinion, but that's my opinion.

I love and will take any new footage of Sabbath available.
    Hello OID; yes I'm well thanks and hope you are too. Fair enough re. your reply/comment above.

One point I'd like to clarify, though. You say that Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left; as the Never Say Die album wasn't recorded until after Oz left and returned, do you or do you not consider that album/time period to be part of the band's peak? Just curious.

Ted

Great stuff. The band should be all over this and get this entire film released.
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

I just seen that at you tube ,i can't tell you how many memories came back to me as i was a little kid at barrier seeing them live on that tour ,fucking awesome vid ,let's hope we see whole show before this new year is over !!
    by the way ,i been posting my bootleg and other bootleg stuff (blizzard of ozz) featuring my art check it out

Hello OID; yes I'm well thanks and hope you are too. Fair enough re. your reply/comment above.

One point I'd like to clarify, though. You say that Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left; as the Never Say Die album wasn't recorded until after Oz left and returned, do you or do you not consider that album/time period to be part of the band's peak? Just curious.

Ted
    Yes Ted, because everything they did with Ozzy was their best, to me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Yes Ted, because everything they did with Ozzy was their best, to me anyways.
    Thanks for your reply OID.

Ted

Thanks for your reply OID.

Ted
    Anytime Ted, and thank you for asking me.

Best regards to you.

When i went to the long beach arena on this tour my older sister seen the devil picture on top and freaked out and went back and waited for us at car ,the devil worship thing was real to non-believers -lol. they were only band who were associated to lucy-fer ,not like today where ,if your not -your not a cool band.
    to this day she thinks the same way ,but one day i was playing spiral architect and she said who's that that's a great song

When i went to the long beach arena on this tour my older sister seen the devil picture on top and freaked out and went back and waited for us at car ,the devil worship thing was real to non-believers -lol. they were only band who were associated to lucy-fer ,not like today where ,if your not -your not a cool band. to this day she thinks the same way ,but one day i was playing spiral architect and she said who's that that's a great song
    Amazing how times have changed isn't it?

Sometimes I sit back and think how scary their music really was for the time, and how people must have reacted to it. The other day I was playing Electric Funeral on an acoustic guitar and from the other room my seven year old daughter yelled and asked me to "stop playing scary music". I immediately thought "Tony is a master". 49 years later this music still creeps people out.

Thumbsdown

When i went to the long beach arena on this tour my older sister seen the devil picture on top and freaked out and went back and waited for us at car ,the devil worship thing was real to non-believers -lol. they were only band who were associated to lucy-fer ,not like today where ,if your not -your not a cool band.
    to this day she thinks the same way ,but one day i was playing spiral architect and she said who's that that's a great song
    Hey guys a bad thing to say , i contact the Rellin the years And they say this ...

Em 5 de jan de 2018 9:36 PM, "David Peck" <dpeck@reelinintheyears.com> escreveu:
    Dear Sir,

I don't normally take the time to respond to requests for footage such as yours other than to say "we don't give footage to fans or collectors" but since I've seen alot of posts from you and others under the Black Sabbath clip we posted on YouTube I thought I would give you a better understanding of why we don't give out our footage and moreover why we CAN'T give it out or simply sell it to you.

My business is to locate footage and obtain the rights from the rights holders to license that footage for documentaries and other media to generate income for them and myself. In all cases we control the rights to the footage but the other rights (such as the likeness of the group and music publishing) would be controlled by the group. In order for this to be released for all the fans to enjoy, the group, music publishers and our company would have to make a deal to release it and sadly there's no more money to be made from DVDs thanks to all of the bootleggers on YouTube who get a DVD and simply post them because they don't want to pay for them. I used to produce and release alot of DVDs but I stopped because of YouTube it simply is no longer worth it. My main business is clip licensing so that when someone needs a 30 second clip for a documentary they pay me for my rights and then go and clear the other rights before they use it in their film. I know that some people out there have this feeling that I'm "hoarding" this footage but the simple truth is that I'm not the only party involved and I'm one of many that would have to agree to an official release.

The ONLY reason I post material to YouTube is so that directors and researchers of documentaries can find me to licenses the footage properly. I don't post the entire thing and frankly if I did that would devalue it. Also I never monetize anything I post on YouTube because these clips I post are an advertisement for our archive and the specific clip so that ultimately if someone wants to use a clip from this concert all proper parties will get paid. I started my company as a die hard music fan so I know what it's like to want a recording or footage of your favorite band that is unobtainable but at the end of the day it's the rights holder who gets to decide what happens with the material.

I realize that you will not agree or even see this from my viewpoint but I thought I would give you the courtesy of an answer. Feel free to post this if you want to explain to others who no doubt will probably be more angry but frankly that's not my concern. I have an obligation to all of my clients who copyrights they've entrusted me with. I certainly have no hard feelings towards you or anyone else that would obviously want a copy but at least you now know why.

fuck really ,danm bastards better cut loose or it's "fake news" to me haha

Cant be right, at Hammersmith in 1977 Ozzy had a beard, and yet he's clean shaven on the promo videos.
    Do you believe a word what the good book says?
    Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Banned

WE HAVE A CLIP!!!
    Honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out NOW!!!
    Huge thanks!!!

i see it now
    http://reelinintheyears.com/database-search/
    its wrong month in RTY database. The real date is 12-9-76 (capitol centre). A trusted person involved told me.
    Well, either your trusted person was wrong, or there would have to be two such videos. I just compared this COTG video to the audience recording available from the Fresno show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUn9S62MRY
    and I am pretty sure it is the same concert - Ozzy's singing and his shouting at the beginning and the end of the song sounds totally identical to me.

Former info website Sabbathlive did relate such a video to the Largo show though:
    12/9/76 Capital Centre Largo (Landover) MD U.S.
    A professionally shot video from this show is alleged to exist. The Capital Centre in Largo had its own in-house video recording system, which has captured live performances by numerous artists including Kiss, Heart, & Bob Seger during the late 70's.

My guess is that was just a mistake and this video is from Fresno. Would be too funny a coincidence to have two Sabath videos from two different venues filmed by their respective own in-house video recording systems in the same year on the 9th of the month, one from December and one from November.