Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbabbath View Post
    Huge thanks!!!

Well, either your trusted person was wrong, or there would have to be two such videos. I just compared this COTG video to the audience recording available from the Fresno show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUn9S62MRY
    and I am pretty sure it is the same concert - Ozzy's singing and his shouting at the beginning and the end of the song sounds totally identical to me.

Former info website Sabbathlive did relate such a video to the Largo show though:
    12/9/76 Capital Centre Largo (Landover) MD U.S.
    A professionally shot video from this show is alleged to exist. The Capital Centre in Largo had its own in-house video recording system, which has captured live performances by numerous artists including Kiss, Heart, & Bob Seger during the late 70's.

My guess is that was just a mistake and this video is from Fresno. Would be too funny a coincidence to have two Sabath videos from two different venues filmed by their respective own in-house video recording systems in the same year on the 9th of the month, one from December and one from November.
    Oh, yes! I think maybe you are right and could be a mistake about the dates and venues. MAYBE. Im trying to confirm with this alleggedelly "trusted person" but i have no reply until that moment.
    in another side, we know that the subject "archived-sabbath-unreleasead-footage-from-70s" its plenty of surprises... with many twists and turns that startle even the most dedicated collector fans, you know I love this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geelerm View Post
    Oh, yes! I think maybe you are right and could be a mistake about the dates and venues. MAYBE. Im trying to confirm with this alleggedelly "trusted person" but i have no reply until that moment.
    Thank you! Please keep us posted!

I have just found the following note in my own Sabbath wishlist:

"1976-12-09 Capital Centre, Largo, MD, USA (Landover) (PRO Recording + PRO VIDEO. Somebody I know has watched a 1 min clip of the video)"

So maybe both the Largo and the Fresno shows were professionally filmed after all? Anyway, we cannot rule out the possibility that the 1 min clip mentioned in the Largo note might in fact have been from Fresno...

Quote Originally Posted by Geelerm View Post
    in another side, we know that the subject "archived-sabbath-unreleasead-footage-from-70s" its plenty of surprises... with many twists and turns that startle even the most dedicated collector fans, you know I love this.
    Yeah, sometimes it is fun! :-) Anyway, would be even more fun to be able to WATCH all that stuff, LOL.

Best,
    Linda

Thanks and best,
    Linda

Default Fresno '76 video

Yes, that's right. There is probably a Largo, MD video from December 9th, 1976, but this isn't it. The audio clearly matches up with another known source for Fresno, based on the sample I've heard.

Huge thanks!!!

Well, either your trusted person was wrong, or there would have to be two such videos. I just compared this COTG video to the audience recording available from the Fresno show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUn9S62MRY
    and I am pretty sure it is the same concert - Ozzy's singing and his shouting at the beginning and the end of the song sounds totally identical to me.

Former info website Sabbathlive did relate such a video to the Largo show though:
    12/9/76 Capital Centre Largo (Landover) MD U.S.
    A professionally shot video from this show is alleged to exist. The Capital Centre in Largo had its own in-house video recording system, which has captured live performances by numerous artists including Kiss, Heart, & Bob Seger during the late 70's.

My guess is that was just a mistake and this video is from Fresno. Would be too funny a coincidence to have two Sabath videos from two different venues filmed by their respective own in-house video recording systems in the same year on the 9th of the month, one from December and one from November.

That footage looks awesome. Would love to watch a full show.

Hello wanted to post this here it is from (reelin -owner DAVID PECK) he posted this on my Video i created for fresno show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnJGyeqifU
    Capture.JPG111.jpg
    Capture.JPGerreer.JPG

He Mentions Contact him if you like -be my guest:mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted
    Great clip, it's always nice to see rare, or unreleased footage of the band. They sound, and look good, but I do agree with you. They were on another level 74-75, early 76. I've got bootlegs from the TE tour, and they are great. Not a patch on the sabotage your though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikesline View Post
    Hello wanted to post this here it is from (reelin -owner DAVID PECK) he posted this on my Video i created for fresno show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnJGyeqifU
    Capture.JPG111.jpg
    Capture.JPGerreer.JPG

He Mentions Contact him if you like -be my guest:mike
    Great work, Mike. Thank you very much for letting us know. I think this means that we will never get to see the whole show, because they would indeed need the permission of the band, and based on our experiences, I don't think Tony Iommi would ever agree with this. That's really bad news, but again I am really happy you clarified it, so we will not waste our time and hope for something that just won't happen.

Thanks and best,
    Linda

Banned

Here's what a friend who formerly worked at Warner Bros just told me: In order to have this video released, one would first need to find an agreement with Reelin' In The Years, Warner Bros, and the managements of all 4 original band members. Only with the permission of ALL of these entities, a release would be possible. And all of them would want to have a significant amount or share of money for it, of course. Thus, a release would require a big player like a big-league DVD company who has the necessary money and skills.

Here's what a friend who formerly worked at Warner Bros just told me: In order to have this video released, one would first need to find an agreement with Reelin' In The Years, Warner Bros, and the managements of all 4 original band members. Only with the permission of ALL of these entities, a release would be possible. And all of them would want to have a significant amount or share of money for it, of course. Thus, a release would require a big player like a big-league DVD company who has the necessary money and skills.
    That's it? LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

I'll do the phone calls to the band members as soon as someone sends me their phone numbers. Thanks in advance for the info.

Soria Moria, stenfor sol og vestenfor mne, Norge

Quote Originally Posted by zzzptm View Post

I'll do the phone calls to the band members as soon as someone sends me their phone numbers. Thanks in advance for the info.
    I think Iommis number is 666 666 666. Atleast that's how i got in touch with him the last time...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zzzptm View Post

Seriously, maybe IRON-MaN has Gloaria's and Geezer's number?

We need classic footage like this, just like Cal Jam and Asbury Park, if it was ever filmed, and others, man it would be nice to get to see these.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Asbury park, and the providence shows, mid 70s, are among my favourite live recordings. Ozzy is beyond brilliant, and the band are just in another level.

What happened to Bills hair?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
    Tony said in his book that as a prank they wrapped Bill in tape. After having such a hard time removing it they eventually had to cut it out. He said Bill didn't even give a shit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Tony said in his book that as a prank they wrapped Bill in tape. After having such a hard time removing it they eventually had to cut it out. He said Bill didn't even give a shit.
    Those guys had a pretty violent conception of humour when they were younger. No big surprise though, given how they grew up. Pretty hostile and violent environment, at least for Tony, as described in his book.

Like the time Bill was passed out and they spray painted his entire body. He almost died.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Like the time Bill was passed out and they spray painted his entire body. He almost died.
    I just started a new thread called "Stupid accidents in Black Sabbath" to collect this kind of stuff and other stupid accidents;
    https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...-Black-Sabbath