Thread: Tony Clufetos?

Default Tony Clufetos?

Got "The End" Blu-ray for Christmas and just put it on. Not 30 seconds in and there's a shameful mistake. Who the f*ck is Tony Clufetos? Tommy must be devastated.
    Last edited by Baconbutty; 01-16-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    High Tide Holiday Cottage - http://www.hightide-filey.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Baconbutty For This Useful Post:

Jack the Stripper (02-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbutty View Post
    Got "The End" Blu-ray for Christmas and just put it on. Not 30 seconds in and there's a shameful mistake. Who the f*ck is Tony Clufetos? Tommy must be devastated.

maybe Tommy is on the skids with Sharon-- refer to the booklet for THE OZMAN COMETH haha

Never noticed that. Pretty shameful.

Quite lame to be honest , his name is correct though on the ending credits and inner booklet.

I think how it happens these days is automated digital editing/correction and then somebody misses it on double-check. So when you have a Tony in the band, somewhere it got corrected ...

This is just a guess.

On a related note, I can still remember going to buy The Last Supper on DVD the day it was released, and the first edition said Toni Iommi. I shit you not, this was on the rear cover. It was corrected quickly as I never saw it again.

And still on a related note; it never ceases to amaze me how often Tony is called "Tommy" out there. Not that it happens a lot, but that it happens at all is kind of mind boggling given his status. I've suspected for a while that in the 70s when he was at record company parties and what not that because of his heavy accent, maybe people thought he said Tommy Iommi and it just sort of spread, but for crying out loud who by now would know ANYTHING about rock 'n' roll history and think it's Tommy Iommi?

And this also adds to the issue with Tommy Clufetos in the band. I saw a couple of news reviews on the last tour where Tommy Iommi was used, and I suspect that goes back to my very first point. It's probably these auto-correct programs that can't conceive of a Tony AND Tommy in the same band, and no human being catches it before it's published.
    Last edited by Jeff; 01-08-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

^^^ I've even seen Tommy Lommi in an article once...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

"Mr Grover 'n' Mr Gillian
    You musta made a million
    The night that Frank Zappa caught on fire."

- Deep Purple, "MTV"

Ridiculous. When you think of how many times this would (should??) have been checked before it was released it's difficult to imagine how this could happen. Didn't Sharon and Ozzy sit down and watch it at some point to give it the green light? Ok, maybe not Ozzy, but you would think that someone from management would see the final edit before they sent it off to the pressing plant.

Unless, as someone mischievously suggested, it could be a deliberate error such as the Bob Daisy and Phil Susan attacks of the past. Maybe Bill snuck into the editing room late one night and tapped in "Tony"....

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Ridiculous. When you think of how many times this would (should??) have been checked before it was released it's difficult to imagine how this could happen. Didn't Sharon and Ozzy sit down and watch it at some point to give it the green light? Ok, maybe not Ozzy, but you would think that someone from management would see the final edit before they sent it off to the pressing plant.

Unless, as someone mischievously suggested, it could be a deliberate error such as the Bob Daisy and Phil Susan attacks of the past. Maybe Bill snuck into the editing room late one night and tapped in "Tony"....
    I think it was intentionally done as a snub to Tommy, that is my thought on it.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I think it was intentionally done as a snub to Tommy, that is my thought on it.
    Why would they snub the guy when he's put years of service into both Sabbath and Ozzy's solo band? When he's apparently caused neither complaint nor conflict within the ranks of either group?
    He's been announced as being part of the lineup for Ozzy's farewell tour. Surely if they intended to 'snub' the guy, he wouldn't remain as part of Ozzy's solo band?

The far more likely explanation is that was an error relating to autocorrect, as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Why would they snub the guy when he's put years of service into both Sabbath and Ozzy's solo band? When he's apparently caused neither complaint nor conflict within the ranks of either group?
    He's been announced as being part of the lineup for Ozzy's farewell tour. Surely if they intended to 'snub' the guy, he wouldn't remain as part of Ozzy's solo band?

The far more likely explanation is that was an error relating to autocorrect, as stated above.
    Not anyone in the band Sweet, someone involved in the project, who is a diehard original fan, a Bill devotee, just my thought.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-09-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Not anyone in the band Sweet, someone involved in the project, who is a diehard original fan, a Bill devotee, just my thought.
    People paid to produce a product are just that. If they let their fandom get in the way, it'll likely be noticed and corrected before Sabbath sign off on it.

I think that's a bit of a stretch to be honest, it's just most likely an honest mistake or computerised error. I can see why you'd think that, though. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    People paid to produce a product are just that. If they let their fandom get in the way, it'll likely be noticed and corrected before Sabbath sign off on it.

I think that's a bit of a stretch to be honest, it's just most likely an honest mistake or computerised error. I can see why you'd think that, though. Fair enough.
    It probably is a bit of stretch, and most likely a mistake, a self correct error.

It probably is a bit of stretch, and most likely a mistake, a self correct error.
    Followed by an "OH NOES THAT GOT OUT???" from concerned parties.

A snub is a smaller font, several lines under the names of the other band members, like how Vinny Appice was credited on Live Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzptm View Post
    Followed by an "OH NOES THAT GOT OUT???" from concerned parties.

A snub is a smaller font, several lines under the names of the other band members, like how Vinny Appice was credited on Live Evil.
    Yes and also Ronnie, who they left out James, if I'm correct and he was upset about that.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Where is that exactly? Printing on the outside, or on the program on the screen?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Where is that exactly? Printing on the outside, or on the program on the screen?
    I believe it’s on the program on the screen Joe.

Do we have a screenshot? I don't have time to go looking it up at the moment.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Banned

It's in the opening credits.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jack the Stripper For This Useful Post:

BACK TO EDEN (02-19-2018), Joe Siegler (02-19-2018), Sabbabbath (02-20-2018), turch118 (02-20-2018), Vynlsol (02-20-2018)

D'oh! I either never noticed that or just forgot I did.

I made management aware of it. They did know of a couple other minor errors, but I'm unclear if they knew about this before. They know now. Probably can't *DO* anything about it, would require re-mastering everything to fix the typo in the text.

Also, this...

https://twitter.com/sabbathfans/stat...90357027745797

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    D'oh! I either never noticed that or just forgot I did.

I made management aware of it. They did know of a couple other minor errors, but I'm unclear if they knew about this before. They know now. Probably can't *DO* anything about it, would require re-mastering everything to fix the typo in the text.
    Whoops. Let's all try and find the other errors haha