Default Ozzy's Current Live Setlist for No More Tours 2

With Ozzy on his (potentially although probably not) final tour, the No More Tours 2, there has been a lot of discussion around the traps about his choice of setlist. Here's what he's playing most nights *look away if you don't want spoilers!*:

Bark at the Moon
    Mr. Crowley
    I Don't Know
    Fairies Wear Boots
    (Black Sabbath song)
    Suicide Solution
    No More Tears
    Road to Nowhere
    War Pigs
    (Black Sabbath song) (with extended Zakk Wylde guitar solo)
    Miracle Man / Crazy Babies / Desire / Perry Mason
    Drum Solo
    I Don't Want to Change the World
    Shot in the Dark
    Crazy Train

Encore:
    Mama, I'm Coming Home
    Paranoid

Most people recognise that these are the same songs that he's been playing for years, and they obviously lean heavily towards two albums in particular. Here's the breakdown:

'Blizzard of Ozz' 4 (including 3 of the first 5 tracks played in the show)
    'No More Tears' 4
    Black Sabbath songs 2
    'Bark at the Moon' 1
    'The Ultimate Sin' 1

Then non-vocal versions of a few tracks in a medley and some solos while Ozzy understandly has a break. So, if you exclude 'Perry Mason', which is just part of a medley, Ozzy plays nothing that has been released in the last 27 years, despite having four full length albums out in that time.

I'd love to read people's thoughts about this. Considering that this is essentially his final ever tour, why play 8 of your 12 tracks from just two albums (and two Sabbath tunes he was just playing on their last tour)? They happen to be my two favourite Ozzy albums, which is great, but I would have thought that maybe a couple of songs from as many albums as possible would be more fitting. The medleys are a decent idea, but cold comfort for fans wanting to hear Ozzy sing those tracks.

Thoughts?

Earlier today Finland's Kaaoszine released news based on posters that were seen in Helsinki telling that Ozzy will return to Finland on 24th of February 2019...with Judas Priest!!!

http://kaaoszine.fi/helsingin-katuku...e-helmikuussa/

The two greatest heavy metal institutions still alive delivering their show at the same venue like they did last year but this time even on the same date...incredible!

2019 looks so good already.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Ozzy said last night at the show he is not retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Earlier today Finland's Kaaoszine released news based on posters that were seen in Helsinki telling that Ozzy will return to Finland on 24th of February 2019...with Judas Priest!!!

http://kaaoszine.fi/helsingin-katuku...e-helmikuussa/

The two greatest heavy metal institutions still alive delivering their show at the same venue like they did last year but this time even on the same date...incredible!

2019 looks so good already.
    Yup, that is happening. Live Nation Sweden just announced that Ozzy + Priest will play Stockholm in february.

Ozzy and Judas Priest on the same bill, legendary and a treat for Metal fans.

Concerning Ozzy’s setlist, I don’t knock him, that’s what he’s comfortable doing, then so be it, we’re lucky to even have him up there on stage performing at his age and style of music that requires a lot of energy and stamina.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Yup, gonna be an epic night.

Regarding the setlist, I get why it looks the way it does and that he can't do all the numbers we might want him to and I get that it's the biggest hits and it's a farewell tour and all that. But it's still much too safe. I mean, he plays two songs he didn't play the last time i saw him, and that was back in -07. The setlist needs to change more than that over more than ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Ozzy and Judas Priest on the same bill, legendary and a treat for Metal fans.

Concerning Ozzy’s setlist, I don’t knock him, that’s what he’s comfortable doing, then so be it, we’re lucky to even have him up there on stage performing at his age and style of music that requires a lot of energy and stamina.
    You're 100% right about this - just having him still on the circuit is amazing. I'd pay to hear him read the morning newspaper to be honest.

But when it comes to tracks, even taking into account that 'Blizzard' and 'Tears' sold the most copies, the fact that so many tracks come from them... I don't know. I think he needs those 'Blizzard of Ozz' songs - I'd riot if I didn't hear them, but as much as I love the 'No More Tears' album, I'd be happy not to hear 'I Don't Wanna Change the World' and 'Road to Nowhere' in exchange for, say, 'Over the Mountain' and 'I Just Want You'.

I just don't see why 8 songs of a short set need to come from just two albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    You're 100% right about this - just having him still on the circuit is amazing. I'd pay to hear him read the morning newspaper to be honest.

But when it comes to tracks, even taking into account that 'Blizzard' and 'Tears' sold the most copies, the fact that so many tracks come from them... I don't know. I think he needs those 'Blizzard of Ozz' songs - I'd riot if I didn't hear them, but as much as I love the 'No More Tears' album, I'd be happy not to hear 'I Don't Wanna Change the World' and 'Road to Nowhere' in exchange for, say, 'Over the Mountain' and 'I Just Want You'.

I just don't see why 8 songs of a short set need to come from just two albums.
    How about if he cut like two of those songs from the set and added Diary Of A Madman, as a farewell treat to fans?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

I would love to see Ozzy add The wizard and use a different song as an encore instead of Paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    I would love to see Ozzy add The wizard and use a different song as an encore instead of Paranoid.
    Being that it's his farewell tour, I'd like for Ozzy to finish his set with an encore of his solo material, like I've stated in another thread, would love to hear S.A.T.O. or Revelation (Mother Earth) which is probably a little long for an encore for Ozzy to do, but S.A.T.O. would be perfect.

Being that it's his farewell tour, I'd like for Ozzy to finish his set with an encore of his solo material, like I've stated in another thread, would love to hear S.A.T.O. or Revelation (Mother Earth) which is probably a little long for an encore for Ozzy to do, but S.A.T.O. would be perfect.
    Yep, this would be awesome.

The setlist suggests to me that they're taking the tour to be a showcase of the best songs that Ozzy has ever sung on, so we get 'War Pigs' and 'Fairies Wear Boots', which I agree are as good as any of his solo tracks.

I just wish it was more about Ozzy's solo career. I guess it's another case of nerds like us wanting a specific thing when your average hard rock fan with a passing interest in Ozzy is only going to pay his $150 if a few Sabbath tunes are thrown in for good measure. I understand that, but would still prefer not to hear them in an Ozzy show because I just heard them at a Sabbath show with bloody Tony Iommi playing them rather than Zakk Wylde!

Yep, this would be awesome.

The setlist suggests to me that they're taking the tour to be a showcase of the best songs that Ozzy has ever sung on, so we get 'War Pigs' and 'Fairies Wear Boots', which I agree are as good as any of his solo tracks.

I just wish it was more about Ozzy's solo career. I guess it's another case of nerds like us wanting a specific thing when your average hard rock fan with a passing interest in Ozzy is only going to pay his $150 if a few Sabbath tunes are thrown in for good measure. I understand that, but would still prefer not to hear them in an Ozzy show because I just heard them at a Sabbath show with bloody Tony Iommi playing them rather than Zakk Wylde!
    I guess Ozzy has to please everyone, not just us diehards, Little Dolls would've been cool too, to add to the setlist, but like you suggested in another thread Diary Of A Madman as an encore would be the best.

So Ozzy finally hits Melbourne in March of next year, but he's only playing a festival.

While I'm just happy for the chance to see him play some solo material, I had to laugh at the description on the festival page that says, "Osbourne will celebrate more than five decades as a performer", when every single song from his solo career that he plays live falls between 1980 and 1991.

It kind of puts things into perspective: fifty years of metal and every song comes from that same 11 years, except for the couple of Sabbath covers that he plays.

Anyway, it's easy to grumble, so like I say I'm really happy that I'll finally be able to see him play some of those songs that I've been listening to for decades.

So Ozzy finally hits Melbourne in March of next year, but he's only playing a festival.

While I'm just happy for the chance to see him play some solo material, I had to laugh at the description on the festival page that says, "Osbourne will celebrate more than five decades as a performer", when every single song from his solo career that he plays live falls between 1980 and 1991.

It kind of puts things into perspective: fifty years of metal and every song comes from that same 11 years, except for the couple of Sabbath covers that he plays.

Anyway, it's easy to grumble, so like I say I'm really happy that I'll finally be able to see him play some of those songs that I've been listening to for decades.
    I know you'll have a great time Requiem, enjoy when the time comes!

I know you'll have a great time Requiem, enjoy when the time comes!
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. He's headlining a festival, so it won't be a full show, but it will still be great to finally see his solo work live. Only problem is, being at an all day festival I hope I'm not too drunk by the time Ozzy comes on to appreciate it...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. He's headlining a festival, so it won't be a full show, but it will still be great to finally see his solo work live. Only problem is, being at an all day festival I hope I'm not too drunk by the time Ozzy comes on to appreciate it...
    I know what you mean being at an all day festival and drinking, just think of Ozzy and self control.

I know what you mean being at an all day festival and drinking, just think of Ozzy and self control.
    I'll be biting the heads off all types of flying animals by about 6pm...

In other news, I don't think Ozzy has the cognitive capacity to even learn his old 'obscure' songs again, let alone the lyrics. I think he'll stick with what he knows, which is why Black Sabbath's 'The End' tour also included those same twelve or thirteen songs that they always play. It's a pity really, but I guess it all comes back to the positives: he's still here and he's still turning up on stage, which is fantastic!

I'll be biting the heads off all types of flying animals by about 6pm...

In other news, I don't think Ozzy has the cognitive capacity to even learn his old 'obscure' songs again, let alone the lyrics. I think he'll stick with what he knows, which is why Black Sabbath's 'The End' tour also included those same twelve or thirteen songs that they always play. It's a pity really, but I guess it all comes back to the positives: he's still here and he's still turning up on stage, which is fantastic!
    Lol, that's funny Requiem.

Yeah Ozzy's up there in age and all the alcohol and drugs don't make things better has far as the ability to remember song lyrics, I couldn't imagine doing it.

https://www.ozzy.com/news/ozzy-osbou...ue-to-illness/

Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘No More Tours 2’ UK And European Tour Leg Postponed Due To Illness
    DATES TO BE RESCHEDULED LATER THIS YEAR

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning singer and songwriter OZZY OSBOURNE has been forced to postpone the entire UK and European leg of his “NO MORE TOURS 2” tour on doctors’ orders.

This follows yesterday’s (January 28) announcement that OSBOURNE was postponing the first four dates of the tour because of the flu. After seeing his physician again, OSBOURNE has been diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection which the doctor feels could develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and an extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions.

Statement from Ozzy
    “I’m completely devastated for having to postpone the European leg of my tour. It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to shit.
    First the staph infection in my thumb and now coming down with the flu and bronchitis. I want to apologize to all of my fans who have been so loyal over the years, my band, my crew and to Judas Priest for letting you all down. However, I promise the tour with Judas Priest will be completed. It’s being rescheduled right now to start in September. Again, I apologize to everyone. God Bless. Love you all, Ozzy.”

The postponed shows are as follows:

UK & EUROPE (with Judas Priest)

Wed, January 30 Ireland, Dublin 3Arena
    Fri, February1 UK, Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
    Sun, February 3 UK, Manchester Manchester Arena
    Tue, February 5 UK, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Thu, February 7 UK, Glasgow The SSE Hydro
    Sat, February 9 UK, Birmingham Genting Arena
    Mon, February 11 UK, London The O2, Arena
    Wed, February 13 Germany, Munich Olympiahalle
    Fri, February 15 Germany, Frankfurt Festhalle
    Sun, February 17 Germany, Hamburg Barclaycard Arena
    Tue, February 19 Germany, Berlin Mercedes-Benz Arena
    Fri, February 22 Sweden, Stockholm Ericcson Globe
    Sun, February 24 Finland, Helsinki Hartwall Arena
    Wed, February 27 Switzerland, Zurich Hallenstadion
    Fri, March 1 Italy, Bologna Unipol Arena
    Sun, March 3 Spain, Barcelona Palau Sant Jordi

Concert-goers should hold on to their tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates (details of which will be announced in the coming months). Refunds are also available at point of purchase.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ala For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    https://www.ozzy.com/news/ozzy-osbou...ue-to-illness/

Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘No More Tours 2’ UK And European Tour Leg Postponed Due To Illness
    DATES TO BE RESCHEDULED LATER THIS YEAR

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning singer and songwriter OZZY OSBOURNE has been forced to postpone the entire UK and European leg of his “NO MORE TOURS 2” tour on doctors’ orders.

This follows yesterday’s (January 28) announcement that OSBOURNE was postponing the first four dates of the tour because of the flu. After seeing his physician again, OSBOURNE has been diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection which the doctor feels could develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and an extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions.

Statement from Ozzy
    “I’m completely devastated for having to postpone the European leg of my tour. It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to shit.
    First the staph infection in my thumb and now coming down with the flu and bronchitis. I want to apologize to all of my fans who have been so loyal over the years, my band, my crew and to Judas Priest for letting you all down. However, I promise the tour with Judas Priest will be completed. It’s being rescheduled right now to start in September. Again, I apologize to everyone. God Bless. Love you all, Ozzy.”

The postponed shows are as follows:

UK & EUROPE (with Judas Priest)

Wed, January 30 Ireland, Dublin 3Arena
    Fri, February1 UK, Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
    Sun, February 3 UK, Manchester Manchester Arena
    Tue, February 5 UK, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Thu, February 7 UK, Glasgow The SSE Hydro
    Sat, February 9 UK, Birmingham Genting Arena
    Mon, February 11 UK, London The O2, Arena
    Wed, February 13 Germany, Munich Olympiahalle
    Fri, February 15 Germany, Frankfurt Festhalle
    Sun, February 17 Germany, Hamburg Barclaycard Arena
    Tue, February 19 Germany, Berlin Mercedes-Benz Arena
    Fri, February 22 Sweden, Stockholm Ericcson Globe
    Sun, February 24 Finland, Helsinki Hartwall Arena
    Wed, February 27 Switzerland, Zurich Hallenstadion
    Fri, March 1 Italy, Bologna Unipol Arena
    Sun, March 3 Spain, Barcelona Palau Sant Jordi

Concert-goers should hold on to their tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates (details of which will be announced in the coming months). Refunds are also available at point of purchase.
    That must really suck for the people who were looking forward to it, purchased their tickets and all, hope Ozzy gets through this and feels better.

Ozzy will be fine. You can't stop father time.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Ozzy will be fine. You can't stop father time.
    No you can't, not even for a second.

I hope Ozzy gets well soon. I wish i was going to the Manchester one.

Get well soon Ozzy! I look forward to seeing Ozzy for the last time in June. The set list could be much better, however, we know Ozzy's comfort level is the key. I would like to see the title track as the only number from No More Tears.

Setlist is good. But if i was forced into a corner by someone very tough to make a moan i would say no Sabbath tracks. Because like a few others have said on here before, It really winds me up when people mistake Paranoid for being just a Ozzy track. Anyway at the moment i just want to know that my hero is in A1 health.

Man, tonight wouldv'e been the Stockholm-show. I was so psyched for this, so bummed it's not going down as planned....

Man, tonight wouldv'e been the Stockholm-show. I was so psyched for this, so bummed it's not going down as planned....
    Sorry to hear that Ala, I know that must suck. Ozzy's rescheduling the European Shows correct?

From what I've heard, yes. Apparently he's coming back in september but no dates have been released or anything.

From what I've heard, yes. Apparently he's coming back in september but no dates have been released or anything.
    Will your ticket be honored?

Will your ticket be honored?
    Yeah, that's what they've said so far anyway.

The Australian and New Zealand shows have been cancelled as well now.

I had a feeling this would happen, especially as he was in hospital with no real chance of recovery in time for March. It's a real pity because he was 70% of the reason for going to the Download festival in Melbourne in the first place.

Lucky I saw him in Sabbath, because I don't think he's going to make it back to Australia for a solo show now. Once he's done Europe and probably the US at least once more I'm not sure he'll have any fuel left in the tank to make it down here, and if he does he'll be bloody 75 years old and not up to much.

Now I see it, now I don't.

The Australian and New Zealand shows have been cancelled as well now.

I had a feeling this would happen, especially as he was in hospital with no real chance of recovery in time for March. It's a real pity because he was 70% of the reason for going to the Download festival in Melbourne in the first place.

Lucky I saw him in Sabbath, because I don't think he's going to make it back to Australia for a solo show now. Once he's done Europe and probably the US at least once more I'm not sure he'll have any fuel left in the tank to make it down here, and if he does he'll be bloody 75 years old and not up to much.

Now I see it, now I don't.
    That sucks at least you got to see him with Sabbath.

Ozzy should start writing with Zack again.

Well, the Download festival came and went, without Ozzy. Looking back over the setlist I shudder with grief at having not been able to see this come about!

There was a black blanket of mourning across my experience due to Ozzy's absence. Occasionally a band would play a snippet of an Ozzy song or have a Sabbath track as their intro tape, and it was the greatest part of the festival!

Oh well, we have to feel gratitude that these songs exist and I can hear them on CD and watch concerts!

Well, the Download festival came and went, without Ozzy. Looking back over the setlist I shudder with grief at having not been able to see this come about!

There was a black blanket of mourning across my experience due to Ozzy's absence. Occasionally a band would play a snippet of an Ozzy song or have a Sabbath track as their intro tape, and it was the greatest part of the festival!

Oh well, we have to feel gratitude that these songs exist and I can hear them on CD and watch concerts!
    I feel for you Requiem.

I feel for you Requiem.
    Thanks OiD. It would have been a dream come true, but alas some things are not meant to be. Maybe what this does is just reinforce the memories I have of Ozzy as this mysterious voice on the tape/CD, and we were never meant to cross paths when it came to his solo material.

Thanks OiD. It would have been a dream come true, but alas some things are not meant to be. Maybe what this does is just reinforce the memories I have of Ozzy as this mysterious voice on the tape/CD, and we were never meant to cross paths when it came to his solo material.
    That's a good way of looking at it Requiem.