Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 41 to 54 of 54
  1. #41
    turch118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stratford,CT
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    He likely wouldn't say this to Iommi's or Geezer's faces, but Ozzy has just become even more bitter. There's probably some resentment there, especially if his solo shows aren't pulling as big of a crowd as some of the Sabbath gigs were.
    Good point Sweet. I wonder what kind of crowd he's been pulling on this tour.

  2. #42

    Default

    Again, Ozzy tends to live in the moment. It is likely that his view was different while he was working and touring with Tony and Geezer. Now, he compares those special years to his current, more care-free lifestyle. The 13 album and tour, followed by the End tour, were filled with challenges and expectations.
    1) The Bill drama
    2) Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer working together on an album for the first time in 35 years
    3) Tony's cancer diagnosis and treatment
    4) The pressure to complete the 13 album and tour
    5) The realization that they had all changed over the years. Separate managers, no pub time together, age, etc. They were no longer a group of young blokes struggling together to make it, then handling
    their success. Later Sabbath configurations could never rival the magic and cohesiveness produced by Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill.
    6) The End Tour and its meaning.

    While I shake my head at Ozzy's recent comments, I do not believe Ozzy means any disrespect toward Tony and Geezer. He is once again sharing his current unfiltered thoughts. Ozzy is simply more comfortable with his solo routine.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sabman Cometh For This Useful Post:

    70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-01-2018), OzzyIsDio (11-28-2018)

  4. #43

    Default

    I find it sort of funny how fans (and everyone actually) seems to fall to the very same PUBLICITY STUNTS every single time!

    Two things to be put things into perspective :

    1.If you read the full article/interview the headlines and Ozzy's words seems to be taken out of context, with that been said, with Sabbath Ozzy obviously had to step his game A LOT fronting a band with two monstrous legends as Iommi and Geezer! No doubt Ozzy became more consistent and much more professional with Sabbath's last run, I don't believe Iommi or Geezer were ever vocally demanding, its just the way they pull things of and Tony in particular, always had that leading/commanding figure in the band, as mentioned by 'The Sabman Cometh' , Ozzy is simply much more comfortable within the realms of his own solo band and must have felt pressured being part of a bigger entity with Sabbath.

    2. 'Any publicity is good publicity', and it seems Ozzy's camp knows how to pull this off every single time he goes on tour! now whats the biggest headlines and talk among rock and Sabbath fans for the past 2 weeks or so? yes , its basically what Ozzy have been saying about Iommi and Sabbath or so, very controversial and yet keeps people busy and keeps Ozzy relevant on the headlines everywhere!

    A similar reminder was that story of Ozzy cheating on Sharon back during 'The End' tour and those crazy rumors of them splitting at the time, yet and after being the #1 trend on almost every single media outlet for a whole week, surprise surprise , they came out with the MAJOR announcement and press release of celebrating 20 years of Ozzfest with Sabbath headlining the fest! and STILL people believed such stories and they seem to fall for it every single time!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to IRON-MaN For This Useful Post:

    OzzyIsDio (11-29-2018)

  6. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IRON-MaN View Post
    I find it sort of funny how fans (and everyone actually) seems to fall to the very same PUBLICITY STUNTS every single time!

    Two things to be put things into perspective :

    1.If you read the full article/interview the headlines and Ozzy's words seems to be taken out of context, with that been said, with Sabbath Ozzy obviously had to step his game A LOT fronting a band with two monstrous legends as Iommi and Geezer! No doubt Ozzy became more consistent and much more professional with Sabbath's last run, I don't believe Iommi or Geezer were ever vocally demanding, its just the way they pull things of and Tony in particular, always had that leading/commanding figure in the band, as mentioned by 'The Sabman Cometh' , Ozzy is simply much more comfortable within the realms of his own solo band and must have felt pressured being part of a bigger entity with Sabbath.

    2. 'Any publicity is good publicity', and it seems Ozzy's camp knows how to pull this off every single time he goes on tour! now whats the biggest headlines and talk among rock and Sabbath fans for the past 2 weeks or so? yes , its basically what Ozzy have been saying about Iommi and Sabbath or so, very controversial and yet keeps people busy and keeps Ozzy relevant on the headlines everywhere!

    A similar reminder was that story of Ozzy cheating on Sharon back during 'The End' tour and those crazy rumors of them splitting at the time, yet and after being the #1 trend on almost every single media outlet for a whole week, surprise surprise , they came out with the MAJOR announcement and press release of celebrating 20 years of Ozzfest with Sabbath headlining the fest! and STILL people believed such stories and they seem to fall for it every single time!
    Problem is , as I said in the Oz Era thread ... in or out of context , on purpose or accident , publicity (as Ronn had suggested) or not - Ozzy just can't make statements like these , even as innocent as they are (the guys are NOT at odds) , it's just common sense to leave something like this alone ... it's wrong to do , and does not look good at all.

  7. #45
    turch118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stratford,CT
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Problem is , as I said in the Oz Era thread ... in or out of context , on purpose or accident , publicity (as Ronn had suggested) or not - Ozzy just can't make statements like these , even as innocent as they are (the guys are NOT at odds) , it's just common sense to leave something like this alone ... it's wrong to do , and does not look good at all.
    I agree with everything you said Doc except the "innocent" part. These are all thoughts that are floating around in Ozzy's head and sometimes he brings some of them out and ends up disrespecting someone. This wasn't a one shot deal. This pattern of behavior has been well documented. And I don't buy the publicity angle either. He's pissed off a lot of people in the past but sooner or later you get what you give.

  8. #46

    Default

    Come on guise, Ossie just say do bad for publicly and you dum bleed in it.

    Ossie and Sharon numba won good friend wif Tonee Lomee, they like family wif 75000 lawsoot laff and smile haha do the rite thing Tonee Sabbaf belong to all foor of us 50% Ossee.

    When Sharon make do shit in Tiffany box for Tonee he do big laffing like oh my brother friend Osee wife so nice mi friend family.

    Trujillo and Gordon do record again for publicity and you all fell for it sucks

  9. #47
    Wicked Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Ozzy hits new low.. nothing like pissing on the parade... very, very disappointed in Ozzy... to the point I don't even care to see the original band perform again on record or live...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

  10. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post

    All that loyalty to Ozzy didnt mean shit in the end, they fucked Bill over without a qualm.
    Look at how quickly Ozzy got nasty in the press regarding Bill.
    Tony and Geezer have been on the end of it too, look at all the shit they talked about Tony.

    Ozzy and his wife are shit people.

    Shit
    Couldn't agree more WOC....HOWEVER.... I don't give Iommi and Butler a complete pass either. Frankly, I don't believe ANY of them worked hard enough to find a "happy medium" with Bill.

  11. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    Couldn't agree more WOC....HOWEVER.... I don't give Iommi and Butler a complete pass either. Frankly, I don't believe ANY of them worked hard enough to find a "happy medium" with Bill.
    You're more than likely right in regards to Tony and Geezer.
    I just meant they probably didn't want to rock the boat with Sharon "Colonel Tom Parker" Osbourne and her prize vegetable when the shit hit the fan with our Bill.

  12. #50

    Default

    I have read it. But i would like to think, Didnt enjoy it compared to past events rather than, Did not enjoy it full stop. Sad and hard to take really.

  13. #51
    turch118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stratford,CT
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    ^^^^^ prize vegetable

  14. #52
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    Couldn't agree more WOC....HOWEVER.... I don't give Iommi and Butler a complete pass either. Frankly, I don't believe ANY of them worked hard enough to find a "happy medium" with Bill.
    Couldn't agree more Sab Historian, they were all accountable for what happened with the Bill fiasco, not just Ozzy and "evil" Sharon.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  15. #53
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Couldn't agree more Sab Historian, they were all accountable for what happened with the Bill fiasco, not just Ozzy and "evil" Sharon.
    Exactly...But I do see why Oz, Geez and Tony were reluctant with having Bill on board due to health conditions and his history of not being able to follow through on commitments. I love Bill and if he had been the drummer on 13, it would of been a remarkable album instead of a very good one. Speaking of Bill what is going on with the guy?, have not seen any interviews with him in a while and no Rock 50 show. I hope he is doing ok.

  16. #54
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Exactly...But I do see why Oz, Geez and Tony were reluctant with having Bill on board due to health conditions and his history of not being able to follow through on commitments. I love Bill and if he had been the drummer on 13, it would of been a remarkable album instead of a very good one. Speaking of Bill what is going on with the guy?, have not seen any interviews with him in a while and no Rock 50 show. I hope he is doing ok.
    I understand their decision too Sellingmysoul, I hope we get to hear the Bill Ward 13 sessions someday.

    I hope Bill is doing good, maybe he's just laying low for the Holidays.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •