Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ozzy Didn't enjoy Sabbath Reunion.

Ozzy Osbourne said he didn’t enjoy his reunion with Black Sabbath during their final years, which culminated in a farewell show.
    The period opened with an announcement in 2011 that the four original members – Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward – were reuniting for a studio project and tour. Ward bowed out over a contract dispute, and the others released their last album, 13, in 2013, then went on to deliver their The End tour, before playing their final concert in their hometown of Birmingham, England, in February 2017.

"I didn't have a great time," Osbourne told the Philadelphia Inquirer in a new interview. “I spent nine or 10 years in Sabbath, but I'd been away from them for over 30 years. With them, I'm just a singer. With me, I get to do what I want to do. I was getting bad vibes from them for being Ozzy. I don't know, what the fuck else can I be?”
    “Being Ozzy” included his reality TV series The Osbournes, which exposed him to audiences beyond the rock world. “I'm just a zany ham," he said. “People tell me I sold out, that it's not heavy metal, it's not cool. I don't agree. It's all entertainment. You got to be mad if you turn down that kind of dough.”
    Osbourne noted that while he's gotten older, "the audience seems to have stayed the same. I see fathers and sons and grandsons. I got a thank-you card about three days ago from a 70-something-year-old woman saying, 'You might not believe me but I love going to your concerts with my son.' It makes you feel weird. I've replaced Bing Crosby and all them, I have.”

He’s currently on the road with No More Tours 2, which he’d previously said didn’t mean he was planning retirement. “What I'm stopping is doing what I'm doing now, going around the world all the time," he reiterated. "I wish people would understand I'm not retiring. Is it my bad English accent? It's called the 'No More Tours' tour. It doesn't say 'No more tours ever.’
    “I've got grandchildren that I want to spend time with," he added. "I never spent that much time with my own kids. But I don't punch a card every morning. This is not my job; it's my passion. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sellingmysoul For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (09-12-2018)

Thanks for the great article Sellingmysoul, it is heartfelt and I feel Ozzy knew it wasn’t the same as when they were four young lads from Birmingham, it was just business and money, no love or camaraderie anymore, perhaps he feels bad for what happened with the Bill deal.

I didn’t sense the happiness in Ozzy, the joviality, the engagement he usually has with the audience in his The End performances, I felt that and it saddened me as it saddens you when you’ve lost a loved one and Sabbath is a loved one to me, I mean this from my heart.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 09-12-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Ozzy's a morose wanker.

Note that he is passionate about $$$.

He sounded bored and uninspired on 13.

The 13 tour was excellent
    Ozzy needs some milk and cookies

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Thanks for the great article Sellingmysoul, it is heartfelt and I feel Ozzy knew it wasn’t the same as when they were four young lads from Birmingham, it was just business and money, no love or camaraderie anymore, perhaps he feels bad for what happened with the Bill deal.

I didn’t sense the happiness in Ozzy, the joviality, the engagement he usually has with the audience in his The End performances, I felt that and it saddened me as it saddens you when you’ve lost a loved one and Sabbath is a loved one to me, I mean this from my heart.
    Absolutely OzzyisDio, They probably enjoyed making the new album more than anything,but I am sure for the guys not having Bill there it was not the same. Hopefully before it's too late OZ and Bill can make peace with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    The 13 tour was excellent
    Ozzy needs some milk and cookies
    Lol, Ronn! Yes the 13 Tour was excellent, one of the best times I had at a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Ozzy's a morose wanker.

Note that he is passionate about $$$.

He sounded bored and uninspired on 13.
    I don’t think Ozzy sounded bored and uninspired, love 13, the only thing missing is Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Absolutely OzzyisDio, They probably enjoyed making the new album more than anything,but I am sure for the guys not having Bill there it was not the same. Hopefully before it's too late OZ and Bill can make peace with each other.
    I agree Sellingmysoul, they enjoyed making 13, finishing their Sabbath career without Bill most likely got to all of them, probably Ozzy the most, as Bill was always loyal to him and said many of times he couldn’t do the Sabbath thing without Ozzy.

As I stated in my post above, it really saddened me, and was the reason I didn’t attend The End Tour, it just didn’t seem right without Bill, I’m lucky to have seen the original four in concert a few times, and every time Bill got introduced, he always got the loudest cheer.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

I saw about this yesterday. Seems like it came out of nowhere. I was under the impression they had a great time together, both on the "13" tour as well as "The End". Pity it always comes to this. Why can't they just get along?

Why would Ozzy be upset Bill wasnt there?
    Thats ridiculous OID.
    They gave Bill the royal Osbourne treatment we have all seen before, right down to cutting his picture out.

All that loyalty to Ozzy didnt mean shit in the end, they fucked Bill over without a qualm.
    Look at how quickly Ozzy got nasty in the press regarding Bill.
    Tony and Geezer have been on the end of it too, look at all the shit they talked about Tony.

Ozzy and his wife are shit people.

Shit
    Last edited by Wheels Of Confusion; 09-13-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: shit

I don't really know what to make of this news. On one hand, doesn't seem too surprising to me that Ozzy didn't enjoy the 13/The End tours given what I read in the OP. On the other, I went to one of The End tour shows (my first and only Black Sabbath show), and there at least, the band seemed passionate and thriving in their performance. Hmmm...

I’m lucky to have seen the original four in concert a few times, and every time Bill got introduced, he always got the loudest cheer.
    Lucky you! Must've been exhilarating experiences each and every time! That's cool that Bill got the loudest cheer every time he got introduced :]
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Why would Ozzy be upset Bill wasnt there?
    Thats ridiculous OID.
    They gave Bill the royal Osbourne treatment we have all seen before, right down to cutting his picture out.

All that loyalty to Ozzy didnt mean shit in the end, they fucked Bill over without a qualm.
    Look at how quickly Ozzy got nasty in the press regarding Bill.
    Tony and Geezer have been on the end of it too, look at all the shit they talked about Tony.
    Deep down inside Ozzy feels bad I know it, love Bill and defended him on here, you should know that, but in all reality Ozzy only retaliated and went to the press when Bill aired his dirty laundry out in public regarding Ozzy, force is met with force Wheels.

Tony and Geezer talked shit about Tony? Tony Martin you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post

Lucky you! Must've been exhilarating experiences each and every time! That's cool that Bill got the loudest cheer every time he got introduced :]
    Yes very lucky and loved it each time , Bill is loved.

Yes very lucky and loved it each time , Bill is loved.
    He sure is and I wish I had got to see Bill play when I had the chance, hopefully he releases some new music in the future.

they're different people now... Geezer and Ozzy don't party...Iommi likes to have drink and a smoke now and then and a line probably... I don't buy Ozzy not having any fun on the final tour...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    they're different people now... Geezer and Ozzy don't party...Iommi likes to have drink and a smoke now and then and a line probably... I don't buy Ozzy not having any fun on the final tour...
    I'm sure he had some fun Wicked, but at least to me by seeing the concert movie and hearing The End live shows, which I have the official releases and bootlegs, you can tell something is missing from Ozzy, I think that something is the camaraderie they once had and Bill not finishing the show with them, those are my thoughts.

http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-wa...black-sabbath/
    Ozzy elaborates a bit here and claims Tony said to him “Don’t talk over my fucking solos”. Can’t say I disagree with Tony here..

Amen.

Ozzy's ad lib bellowing in the reunion eras was out of hand.
    Less is more.

Shows how big his fragile ego is there with the solos bit.

Wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
    Ozzy elaborates a bit here and claims Tony said to him “Don’t talk over my fucking solos”. Can’t say I disagree with Tony here..
    Man, Ozzy's so full of shit on this one. He knows what band he's in, he was there when they wrote and recorded the songs. And still he complains about the length and solos and stuff like that? Maybe should've spoke up about 40 years ago then....

I have a hard time believing Loudwire… I can't see Tony saying that and Tony's take was Ozzy was probably misquoted or taken out of text...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
    Agreed. That's why they call it a SOLO, that is the focal point of the music at that moment so you don't need to hear someone screeming shit like "C'mon you fuckers."

No drugs for Ozzy.... right?
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

I didn't attend The End Tour, but the 13 Tour he seemed to have fun, who knows anymore?

Well I'm sure Tony and Geezer only did the 13 and End tours for the money, not the thrill of having to have Ozzy mumbling his way through the same bloody songs everynight.

They at least have the class to keep that to themselves, unlike grubby old Ozzy, who obviously resents not getting ALL the attention.
    Perpetually threatened and insecure.

Well I'm sure Tony and Geezer only did the 13 and End tours for the money, not the thrill of having to have Ozzy mumbling his way through the same bloody songs everynight.

They at least have the class to keep that to themselves, unlike grubby old Ozzy, who obviously resents not getting ALL the attention.
    Perpetually threatened and insecure.
    Could it be T & G just wanted one last honor and hurrah with the band they started 50 years ago? You're not all Sharon looking for a cash-grab, you know

Despite everything Ozzy says he will end up on a stage with those 2 guys again at some point.

Despite everything Ozzy says he will end up on a stage with those 2 guys again at some point.
    It's sad things always have to come to this, but as you Sellingmysoul, I'm hoping they do as well and I'll even hope a little more that Bill joins them.

I won't trash Ozzy on this, he's just saying what he feels, maybe he shouldn't have made it public, or like Tony said, it was probably said or taken out of context.

It's sad things always have to come to this, but as you Sellingmysoul, I'm hoping they do as well and I'll even hope a little more that Bill joins them.

I won't trash Ozzy on this, he's just saying what he feels, maybe he shouldn't have made it public, or like Tony said, it was probably said or taken out of context.
    It's all good...I am so glad they made the 2 albums that they did and tour.

It's all good...I am so glad they made the 2 albums that they did and tour.
    Me too Sellingmysoul, I'm grateful for that.

There are a couple of articles now about Ozzy supposedly not enjoying the Sabbath tour.

It's just a ridiculous thing to hear from a man who is partly responsible for bringing so much joy to the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who shelled out big sums of cash to go and see the band. I know Ozzy is probably the last person to be in touch with the common man these days - despite his origins - but even he should have a better sense of showmanship than to make public statements like that.

Ozzy (and Sharon... *sigh*) have made some of the worst decisions in music history, and I don't believe it's been to their benefit. I think Ozzy's charisma, voice and personality was always going to succeed, and I think if they had have taken a more decent and moral pathway he would be even bigger than he is. And I don't mean less partying, I mean less screwing over bandmates and associates. Ozzy could have been a beacon for camaraderie and fellowship.

As for not using Bill Ward on this tour and cutting his image out of the damn photos and publicity material - what dirtier deed was ever devised by a collegiate of musicians? There is not a single paying Black Sabbath fan who would have felt ripped off or disappointed if Bill Ward didn't play at 100% 1970 levels. I, and everyone else, would have been cheering madly for the guy even at 50%. If he missed a few hits here and there, all the cooler and more fun. As it was, having Tommy Clufetos on drums was ridiculous. Having Brad Wilk on drums for '13' was downright criminal in an environment where mistakes can be fixed and time can be taken if he tired out.

So for Ozzy to make these comments now about people as deserving of respect as Tony Iommi, who struggled all his life to keep the Sabbath dream alive, and Geezer Butler, who even joined Ozzy's solo band around the end of the 80s, I find it obscene and unforgivable. Not to mention egocentric with the whole "I could do what I wanted as a solo artist, but I was just a singer in Sabbath" nonsense. Just a singer in probably the most important rock n roll band outside The Beatles? How thankless. How undignified. Ozzy hasn't written more than a handful of lyrics and not a single riff in his life and that's the thanks guys like Iommi, Geezer and Bob Daisley get. What a crappy thing to think and say.

Poor form John Osbourne.
    Last edited by Requiem; 11-16-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Bill requested his image be taken off of anything related to the tour but The photos on their website still has him cropped out. Should be updated. As for Ozzy and his “Sabbath were too serious” bit, yeah it was “serious”. It was the last tour. Tony should have told him not to talk period.

I think Ozzy said what he said without thinking and not to be taken as everyone's taking it, I think what the man meant was that in Sabbath he had to follow a routine a more serious one, as where in his solo act he could pretty much do what he wants as he's the boss.

I don't honestly think Ozzy meant that he had a bad time doing the Sabbath final tour and I truly believe that Ozzy isn't trying to badmouth his mates, perhaps he shouldn't have said anything, as there are always people out there waiting to take anything he says out of context or misconstrue what he says.

Without Sabbath there wouldn't be an Ozzy as we know him, and without Ozzy there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath as we know them, plain and simple, Ozzy was and is the voice that captured people's ears and the man and his stage presence captured people's hearts, at least this man sitting here typing these words.

I think Ozzy said what he said without thinking and not to be taken as everyone's taking it, I think what the man meant was that in Sabbath he had to follow a routine a more serious one, as where in his solo act he could pretty much do what he wants as he's the boss.

I don't honestly think Ozzy meant that he had a bad time doing the Sabbath final tour and I truly believe that Ozzy isn't trying to badmouth his mates, perhaps he shouldn't have said anything, as there are always people out there waiting to take anything he says out of context or misconstrue what he says.

Without Sabbath there wouldn't be an Ozzy as we know him, and without Ozzy there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath as we know them, plain and simple, Ozzy was and is the voice that captured people's ears and the man and his stage presence captured people's hearts, at least this man sitting here typing these words.
    Geez dude, denial much?

Geez dude, denial much?
    No denial at all Wheels, let's hope this just dies out and nothing else is made out of it.

No denial at all Wheels, let's hope this just dies out and nothing else is made out of it.
    Just read a new article on Blabbermouth where Ozzy specifically states he did not enjoy working with Tony and Sabbath.

Out of context again?

Just read a new article on Blabbermouth where Ozzy specifically states he did not enjoy working with Tony and Sabbath.

Out of context again?
    Yup I just saw it too.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...im-not-really/

OZZY OSBOURNE On TONY IOMMI: 'Do I Like Working With Him? Not Really.'

Ozzy Osbourne says that he doesn't particularly enjoy collaborating with Tony Iommi even though he appreciates the BLACK SABBATH guitarist on a personal level. "Do I like working with him? Not really. Do I like him as a person? Yeah, I love him as a person," Osbourne told The Times in a new intervew. "But if people was to say to me, 'Was there a leader of BLACK SABBATH?' I'd have to say it was Tony Iommi, because without his guitar riffs, we'd be still sitting in fucking rehearsal with our thumbs up our arses going, 'What do we do now?'"

Osbourne also claimed that he has "moved on" from the band, and compared his relationship to the rest of SABBATH on their recent tour to reconnecting with a former girlfriend after several decades.

"I'll tell you what it was like. It's like when you're younger and you met a girl, Susie, and you break up and you don't see her for 30 years," he said. "Then she's in town and you go, 'Oh, I'll give Susie a call,' because your memory only remembers the good parts and you can narrow it then to a week and you go, 'I remember that week and it was lovely.' But then you go back and you go, 'I forgot the fucking four and three-quarter years I was fucking miserable.'"

Osbourne, who is currently on the road on his own farewell tour as a solo artist, described his current trek as "great fun." He explained: "I'm in control and it's so much better. I get more pleasure out of doing the gigs now."

Ozzy has said in some of his recent interviews that his last tour with BLACK SABBATH — the band's farewell trek which ended in February 2017 — was not a pleasant experience for him. "It's not allowed to have fucking fun with SABBATH," he told Rolling Stone. "It's too serious. Tony was trying to have a go at me, saying, 'Don't fucking talk over my solos.' I go, 'Okay, are you sure? 'Cause most of the fucking song is solos. The intro to the song is fuckin' five minutes and then I sing for about two seconds and then it's another one.' With my own thing, I'm looking to have fun, and that's what music's about for me. I'm not a serious fucking singer. I'm just a frontman who's trying to get the crowd going in front."

This past September, Ozzy told Philadelphia Inquirer that he "didn't have a great time" on SABBATH's final tour. He explained: "I spent nine or 10 years in SABBATH, but I'd been away from them for over 30 years. With them, I'm just a singer. With me, I get to do what I want to do. I was getting bad vibes from them for being Ozzy. I don't know — what the fuck else can I be?"

A couple of weeks after Ozzy's Philadelphia Inquirer interview was published, Iommi was asked by The List if he had a response to the singer's comments. Iommi said: "I saw that, but I don't know what he meant. I had a great time on the last tour playing with the guys, and Ozzy never mentioned anything to me. He seemed to enjoy it and we had a laugh, so I don't know. So I think possibly that quote was taken out of context."

Last month, Ozzy postponed the final four shows on his North American "No More Tours 2" after undergoing surgery for multiple infections in his right hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36. The Following User Says Thank You to maestro For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (11-25-2018)

“I’ve moved on”...until he does “Paranoid” in his solo set again.

I just Hope Tony records another album with a strong supporting cast.

Out of context again?
    What can I say Wheels? Ozzy is being honest and telling how he feels, nothing wrong with that, perhaps we all didn't need to know that, but he said it now, so it's said.

@ Maestro, thank you for posting the article.

Recently, Ozzy Osbourne commented on Black Sabbath's farewell tour, indicating that fun was not permissible onstage per Tony Iommi. But what about their working relationship overall? It turns out Osbourne doesn't enjoy that very much either.
    "Do I like working with him? Not really," the singer told The Times in an interview (via Blabbermouth). It isn't all bad between the two, however, as Osbourne reflected, "Do I like him as a person? Yeah, I love him as a person," before acknowledging that Iommi was indeed the leader of Black Sabbath. "Without his guitar riffs, we'd be still sitting in fucking rehearsal with our thumbs up our arses going, 'What do we do now?'"

Expounding on this working relationship, the Prince of Darkness likened it to having fond memories of an ex-girlfriend. "It's like when you're younger and you met a girl, Susie, and you break up and you don't see her for 30 years. Then she's in town and you go, 'Oh, I'll give Susie a call,' because your memory only remembers the good parts and you can narrow it then to a week and you go, 'I remember that week and it was lovely.' But then you go back and you go, 'I forgot the fucking four and three-quarter years I was fucking miserable,'" he said.
    R. Blackmore

So putting all this together it's beginning to sound like he did the final tours for the $$$. Shocker huh? If things were so awful why sign on for "The End" tour after such a miserable time on the "13" tour? $$$? Hmmm. For years this has seemed to be a recurring theme in the life of Ozzy and Sharon.

My respect for Ozzy has dwindled over the years, but this latest interview drops my respect to ZERO. Where do you get off disrespecting the people who helped make you who you are? Without them you'd probably still have that sign hanging in the music store "Ozzy Zig needs a Gig". Ozzy has turned into a heartless egotistical money grubber who cares about no one but himself. Is MEGALOMANIA setting in?

He likely wouldn't say this to Iommi's or Geezer's faces, but Ozzy has just become even more bitter. There's probably some resentment there, especially if his solo shows aren't pulling as big of a crowd as some of the Sabbath gigs were.