Default That time Tony Iommi told me that a 2nd Sabbath album with Ian Gillan would be better

anybody else like hearing Tony Iommi talk about Born Again back in 1984?

https://earofnewt.com/2016/06/25/tha...an-born-again/

Quote Originally Posted by the newt View Post
    anybody else like hearing Tony Iommi talk about Born Again back in 1984?

https://earofnewt.com/2016/06/25/tha...an-born-again/
    Love to hear Tony talk anything Sabbath, I think Born Again is a great album and could only imagine what a follow up would have been, thanks for the interview Newt.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Ian Gillan said in Circus magazine in 1983 that he planned to make another solo album "with the help of Iommi and perhaps Ritchie Blackmore. After that, we'll start thinking about the next​ Sabbath album."
    He is not here. He has risen!

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    Ian Gillan said in Circus magazine in 1983 that he planned to make another solo album "with the help of Iommi and perhaps Ritchie Blackmore. After that, we'll start thinking about the next​ Sabbath album."
    Born Again is such a good album, I always think "what could've been?" had they followed up.

WhoCares is proof of that.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Born Again is such a good album, I always think "what could've been?" had they followed up.

WhoCares is proof of that.
    I still like the album very much, and sod those who bitch about the production.

Love Born Again and I would have loved another album with that same lineup. Would be awesome to have a Born Again Tour right now!

Any rumours of left over tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Any rumours of left over tunes?

I don't know if there are any. As we know, "The Fallen" was an outtake from the Born Again sessions and if im right, it was never released before the 2011 (?) remaster. Maybe, there are some other surprises in the vaults but, we cannot know if there are left over tunes....

Quote Originally Posted by tsimisde View Post
    I don't know if there are any. As we know, "The Fallen" was an outtake from the Born Again sessions and if im right, it was never released before the 2011 (?) remaster. Maybe, there are some other surprises in the vaults but, we cannot know if there are left over tunes....
    I have the Fallen. Great song. Maybe we will get some rarities one day.

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    I still like the album very much, and sod those who bitch about the production.
    I also like the album, a lot, it gets regular spins from time to time, the production has never bothered me.

I thought the production - dark and murky - was one thing that made it sound so heavy.

I was 17 when the album came out and I "treated" my parents to regular spins of it, leading my late stepfather to give me his famous "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"

Never heard about WhoCares until this thread!

I may listen to some songs from it when I get the chance
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Never heard about WhoCares until this thread!

I may listen to some songs from it when I get the chance
    Sabbath's 27th Studio release ,, 2 track EP is what matters in the world of Sab .... "Out Of My Mind" - One of the very best tracks ever written ,,,, "Holy Water" - Excellent track !!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (09-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Sabbath's 27th Studio release ,, 2 track EP is what matters in the world of Sab .... "Out Of My Mind" - One of the very best tracks ever written ,,,, "Holy Water" - Excellent track !!
    Listened to Out of My Mind, it's pretty neat! Although Holy Water didn't have the same impression on me Out of My Mind did, I still appreciate that very Iommi-sounding solo in it
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    Listened to Out of My Mind, it's pretty neat! Although Holy Water didn't have the same impression on me Out of My Mind did, I still appreciate that very Iommi-sounding solo in it
    Out Of My Mind is an excellent track!