Post Extremely Early Black Sabbath Songs

I've heard rumors of extreme early Black Sabbath songs, such as "The evening song" and "Sadness." Does anyone know about these Black Sabbath Oddities? (ha a pun on my username) Anymore rumors or stories. The Earth days are considered extremely blurry.

If they were recorded at all, they are not out there. They may be nothing else than rumour, or faded memories lost to the mists of time.

This is what I know of as far as covers and non-album originals from the early years. Links to covers are to versions of the songs that the band most likely worked from where available.

Covers:

Let Me Love You Baby (Willie Dixon)

From Rugman's Youth Club, Dumfries, Scotland. As performed by Buddy Guy in 1965.

Early One Morning (Elmore James)

From Rugman's Youth Club, Dumfries, Scotland. As performed by Elmore James in 1960.

Blue Coat Man (Eddie Boyd)

From Electric Circus, Lausanne, Switzerland. As performed by Eddie Boyd and his Blues Band, Featuring Peter Green in 1967.

Evenin' (Jimmy Rushing with Count Basie and his Orchestra)

Jim Simpson mentions the band recorded this a few of times. First was in The Black Sabbath Story Vol 1 DVD extras. Later mentioned in more recent interviews. As performed by Jimmy Rushing with Count Basie and his Orchestra in 1936.

Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins)

From an unreleased studio session. Live version from the Beat Club, Bremen, Germany. Jim Simpson mentions this song was recorded at A Song For Jim session. This live version as performed by Carl Perkins in 1956.

Warning (Dunbar, Hickling, Moreshead, Dmochowski)

Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation single from 1967.

The Rebel (Cyril & Dora Ward)

From a demo circulating in the industry at the time. This is a version Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople did after Sabbath.

When I Came Down (Norman Haines)

From a demo by Norman Haines. Later recorded by Norman Haines Band in 1971.

Evil Woman (Wiegand, Wiegand, Waggoner)

US band Crow single from 1969. Black Sabbath recorded their version 16 days after Crow's version first charted in the US.

Sadness

BACKTOEDEN mentioned this title as from another Dumfries live tape. Not sure if is a cover or an original.

Originals:

A Song For Jim

Here is a live version, there are also at least 2 studio versions, which probably don't have the extended drum solos.

Sleeping (aka The Rest)

BACKTOEDEN mentioned this instrumental Iommi/Ward composition from an acetate.

Weevil Woman 71

Studio outtake from the Master of Reality sessions. Released on the Deluxe Edition of Master of Reality in 2009.
    Last edited by Rollerjoint; 12-24-2018 at 04:58 PM.

When you think you have heard everything of Sabbath something else comes up. Same with Zep.

I would love to hear the extreme early recordings that no one has seen. Imagine hearing the raw energy. Of a band unsure of their future

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSabbathOddities View Post
    I would love to hear the extreme early recordings that no one has seen. Imagine hearing the raw energy. Of a band unsure of their future
    I would love to hear these as well, early Sabbath (Earth).
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)