Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Billy Underdog has passed away

He passed on Nov 23 - I believe. The information is chaotic at this time and the cause of death is still a mystery.
    He had some friends here that should be made aware of this tragic news.

I know he was banned but he was a member here since 2011 and was close with many of you.

God Bless you Billy. Much love always.

Edit#1 --- Billy actually passed on the 10th of November according to the obituary.
    Last edited by Thelemech; 12-19-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thelemech For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-20-2018), OzzyIsDio (12-18-2018)

Thelemech thank you for letting us know, this is very sad news.

My deepest sympathies to Billy’s family and friends and to everyone over at The Community.

I have a heaviness in my chest in reading this very sad news, I’m choking up as I write these words, love you Billy, God bless you brother and may you be resting in peace.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I had to take a break, I got overwhelmed a bit, Billy and I once got along and towards the end things got ugly, and I’m sorry for that Billy, if you’re up there looking down at me forgive me brother for things I said and done, life is too damn short to fight and bicker, wish you were here Billy Underdog.

Love your brother,
    OID
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Don't know how to feel right now, but Billy was always a great guy. Rest in peace, and much love.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I had to take a break, I got overwhelmed a bit, Billy and I once got along and towards the end things got ugly, and I’m sorry for that Billy, if you’re up there looking down at me forgive me brother for things I said and done, life is too damn short to fight and bicker, wish you were here Billy Underdog.

Love your brother,
    OID
    Life's too short to focus on the negatives, OID. Remember the positive memories that Billy brought us all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetSymptom For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Don't know how to feel right now, but Billy was always a great guy. Rest in peace, and much love.

Life's too short to focus on the negatives, OID. Remember the positive memories that Billy brought us all.
    Yes life is too short Sweet, I will focus on the good times we had here with Billy, which were plenty.

As Billy would say Peace & Love.

R.I.P. Billy Underdog.

Damn, RIP.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Awful time to happen. RIP Billy.

Very sad news, RIP Billy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyz For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-20-2018)

RIP Billy! You were a true and great online friend! It would have been a pleasure to know you in real life!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jstheconqueror For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-20-2018)

If true, its a shame. Billy left on bad terms here but I respected his love of Sabbath and also to an extent his resistance to authority and relentless outspokenness, which I think are traits that many of us tend to pick up when they have been listening to Black Sabbath for a number of years! Anyone know what his favorite drink was? I would gladly pour one out in his honor. RIP
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damian For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-20-2018), OzzyIsDio (12-19-2018)

This sucks. Sorry to see you go Billy. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    If true, its a shame. Billy left on bad terms here but I respected his love of Sabbath and also to an extent his resistance to authority and relentless outspokenness, which I think are traits that many of us tend to pick up when they have been listening to Black Sabbath for a number of years! Anyone know what his favorite drink was? I would gladly pour one out in his honor. RIP
    Sad to say that it's indeed the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Sad to say that it's indeed the truth.
    I still cannot believe it - I have been in shock since I found out.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    He passed on Nov 23 - I believe. The information is chaotic at this time and the cause of death is still a mystery.
    He had some friends here that should be made aware of this tragic news.

I know he was banned but he was a member here since 2011 and was close with many of you.

God Bless you Billy. Much love always.

Edit#1 --- Billy actually passed on the 10th of November according to the obituary.
    No fucking way...

Rest in Peace Billy Underdog. He was good friend of mine here before he got banned (now that I think about it, wish there was temporary bans in this place but that's another story)
    Last edited by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah!; 12-20-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    I still cannot believe it - I have been in shock since I found out.
    Same here, my friend. It doesn't feel real.

I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say him and I were friends, or that we liked each other, cause we didn't one bit; but its always sad to see a death happen. RIP.
    Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffalo Bill Scruggs For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-21-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say him and I were friends, or that we liked each other, cause we didn't one bit; but its always sad to see a death happen. RIP.
    Buffalo Bill, you’re a good guy despite everything that happened, you came here and paid your respects, that speaks volumes my friend, and I use the word friend with honor.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

Buffalo Bill Scruggs (12-21-2018)

Peace and love man.
    Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Does anyone know a way to get in touch with NID besides a PM? I think he would want to know about Billy's passing. If anybody has a way please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    Peace and love man.
    Good on you, man. We've all got our differences, but at the end of the day we're all human and it's important to come together when tragedies like this occur.

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Does anyone know a way to get in touch with NID besides a PM? I think he would want to know about Billy's passing. If anybody has a way please do so.
    I don't believe I have contact details for NID, but I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Turch, Doc has NID's contact information, phone etc., he's tried in the past several times to get in contact with him, called him several times, no success.

I've even tried searching him on the Led Zeppelin forum where he and I were both members, he hasn't posted in awhile, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the Earth, I hope NID is okay too.

I’ve asked my coworker for the Born Again CD, it was part of the CD’s Billy shipped to me of the post Ozzy/Sabbath eras that he didn’t want and told me to do what I wanted with them, I had given them all to my coworker who liked Sabbath but never heard the post Ozzy/Dio/ Sabbath eras.

I explained to him what happened and that I would like this CD as a memory of Billy, I am going to have it framed with the inscription “In Memory Of Billy Underdog 11/10/18.

My dear brothers and sisters of Sabbath lore, I decided to pop in for a rare appearance to pay my respects to a very good person who left us far too soon. Billy was the first to tell us that he was lost in aspects of his life, but he loved his family and was smitten with his (then) baby niece (or was it his nephew, I can’t remember). Whether you agreed with Billy or not, there is no denying that he was as smart as a whip, and a great contributor. He loved music, and in particular The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. He also loved this community, and I can only imagine how losing ‘this family’ adversely impacted on him. The fact that he ‘lived’ here day in and day out demonstrated how this place enhanced his daily existence and formed an important part of his life. It is sad that he could not manage his membership here as he did bring great character and stamina to this board.

I feel terribly saddened by Billy’s passing, and I hope that his spirit has found eternal peace. As sad as I am about this loss, I am truly touched by those who thought of me and reached out to let me know of Billy’s demise. I cannot thank you enough for that.

I had an epiphany a few years ago, and realized that the forums dedicated to the things I loved, brought out the worst in me, and others, and arguing and fighting were the order of the day. I realized that I wanted to be a man of peace, and not a man of anger and contempt, so I essentially dropped off all of my favourite boards, with only rare appearances here and there.

Today will carry a tenor of sadness as I reflect on the loss of Billy Underdog and his grieving friends and family. To all of you, I offer my sincere condolences and best wishes during your time of grief and healing. To the board members, may you all have a wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones.

Rest well Billy. You’ll be missed by many. To the rest of you, cherish each day as a gift and love each other. NID.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 12-22-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Now in Darkness For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-22-2018), Thelemech (12-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    My dear brothers and sisters of Sabbath lore, I decided to pop in for a rare appearance to pay my respects to a very good person who left us far too soon. Billy was the first to tell us that he was lost in aspects of his life, but he loved his family and was smitten with his (then) baby niece (or was it his nephew, I can’t remember). Whether you agreed with Billy or not, there is no denying that he was as smart as a whip, and a great contributor. He loved music, and in particular The Beatles, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. He also loved this community, and I can only imagine how losing ‘this family’ adversely impacted on him. The fact that he ‘lived’ here day in and day out demonstrated how this place enhanced his daily existence and formed an important part of his life. It is sad that he could not manage his membership here as he did bring great character and stamina to this board.

I feel terribly saddened by Billy’s passing, and I hope that his spirit has found eternal peace. As sad as I am about this loss, I am truly touched by those who thought of me and reached out to let me know of Billy’s demise. I cannot thank you enough for that.

I had an epiphany a few years ago, and realized that the forums dedicated to the things I loved, brought out the worst in me, and others, and arguing and fighting were the order of the day. I realized that I wanted to be a man of peace, and not a man of anger and contempt, so I essentially dropped off all of my favourite boards, with only rare appearances here and there.

Today will carry a tenor of sadness as I reflect on the loss of Billy Underdog and his grieving friends and family. To all of you, I offer my sincere condolences and best wishes during your time of grief and healing. To the board members, may you all have a wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones.

Rest well Billy. You’ll be missed by many. To the rest of you, cherish each day as a gift and love each other. NID.
    These sad times always bring people together, thank you for stopping by and paying your respects White Wizard, it's been awhile and it's good to see you back, even if only for a little while, Billy would've been happy to see you, which I'm sure he does.

Beautiful post.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-22-2018 at 06:39 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

Now in Darkness (12-22-2018)

Warship SATO, the one you sent to Doc, on right now in your honor Billy \m/
    One of Billy's favs, try to listen and not cry :( https://youtu.be/vUIfTzAQgFI "Underdog entertainment"

P&L, Ali

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ronn For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-22-2018)

RIP Billy, you will be missed. I appreciated the majority of Billy's contributions. When the focus remains on the music, the discussions on BSO are at their best.

White Wizard, thank you for checking-in. Your long absence has had me concerned. I hope you and your wife are both healthy and enjoying your favorite things in life. Merry Christmas!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sabman Cometh For This Useful Post:

Now in Darkness (12-22-2018), OzzyIsDio (12-22-2018)

NID, thank you so much for stopping in and paying your respects to a great guy who will be missed big time. It's also good to know that you are OK. It was the absence of Billy's postings that originally caused concern. I hope life is and continues to treat you well and hope you have a "magical" holiday season. As Billy would say: P&L

39. The Following User Says Thank You to turch118 For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-23-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    Warship SATO, the one you sent to Doc, on right now in your honor Billy \m/
    One of Billy's favs, try to listen and not cry :( https://youtu.be/vUIfTzAQgFI "Underdog entertainment"

P&L, Ali
    That was a great listen.

Oh wow!!! I'm surprised and sad to read he has passed away. I never had any conversations with Billy Underdog, but I would always enjoy reading his posts whether I agreed with him or not.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Dante_Doomsday For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-24-2018)

Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his commentary on all-things Black Sabbath. My sincere condolences to his family and friends on both BSO and The Community.

Billy Underdog R.I.P.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to A Sabbath Historian For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-24-2018)

I must say I'm rather fired up , in my eyes this should not be so , and should be so different ... darn it Billy -

Words for you:

Strength
    Champ
    Thankyou
    Sorry
    Sabotage
    Revolver
    Right
    Wrong
    Your Welcome
    Always
    Yes
    No
    Norway
    BSO
    Dedicated
    Passion
    Why?
    How?
    Stop
    Trust
    Remember
    Truth
    Embrace
    Courage
    Promise
    Friend
    Brother
    JESUS

...... Your actions were always real , love you buddy.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-27-2018), ronn (12-26-2018)

Thanks for the words Doc
    :(

Here is a YouTube video of Billy Underdog that Billy’s friend passed along to me, for those of you who were Billy’s friends, please leave a comment in the comments section of the video, Billy’s family will get them and appreciate them.

Here is the video:

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-28-2018), Kennyz (12-28-2018)

That was a good vid. Hope the family get through this difficult time. Of course i did not know him. But i am feeling it. Probably because he is a fellow fan.

51. The Following User Says Thank You to CraigSabbath For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-28-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    That was a good vid. Hope the family get through this difficult time. Of course i did not know him. But i am feeling it. Probably because he is a fellow fan.
    I hope so too CraigSabbath, and thank you for watching.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-28-2018)

RIP bud... we'll all miss you!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

55. The Following User Says Thank You to Wicked Cricket For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-31-2018)

Horrible news indeed. He was on this forum when I joined 10 years ago. Sorry i'm late hearing this but I work a lot of hours with very little free time. R.I.P Billy. Does anyone know the cause of death?

57. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio 2000 For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (01-05-2019)

So very sad to hear about this. Billy was a nice and intelligent man and a great musician.

RIP Billy!
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

59. The Following User Says Thank You to -E5150 StarWanderer- For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (01-05-2019)

It's good to see Billy's original avatar up again .... someone who was close with him should put it in that bottom section of their signature - in memory.

God Bless , and thanks D

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    It's good to see Billy's original avatar up again .... someone who was close with him should put it in that bottom section of their signature - in memory.

God Bless , and thanks D
    Thank you Joe and Damian.

Amen Doc.