Default A Look back @ 11/11/2011 reunion announcement

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sellingmysoul For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (12-27-2018), CraigSabbath (12-28-2018), OzzyIsDio (12-29-2018)

I hope the stars align and this original reunion happens!
    Last edited by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah!; 12-28-2018 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Thought 11/11=1/11, my bday, re read thread and edited my post appropriately
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-28-2018)

Me too. But it will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    It won't happen again, it was a once in a lifetime thing.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Thanks for posting this Sellingmysoul, it was good seeing all four together on stage, if only for an interview.

This was my dream come true when it was announced.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    It won't happen again, it was a once in a lifetime thing.
    These posts make me sad :[ You guys seemingly lost faith...faith that ANYTHING can happen in this bizarre, twisted unpredictable universe!

Even a reunion/renuionS with Black Sabbath members while they're still musically active! If it happens in the form of one-off shows, say they open for like younger bands at Ozzfest or something, then it can still happen! Dream isn't dead...yet...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-31-2018)

Thanks for posting this Sellingmysoul, it was good seeing all four together on stage, if only for an interview.

This was my dream come true when it was announced.
    Your welcome OID, I was so excited that day and looking forward to hearing Bill play drums on new music, because it had been so long.. Unfortunately it did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    These posts make me sad :[ You guys seemingly lost faith...faith that ANYTHING can happen in this bizarre, twisted unpredictable universe!

Even a reunion/renuionS with Black Sabbath members while they're still musically active! If it happens in the form of one-off shows, say they open for like younger bands at Ozzfest or something, then it can still happen! Dream isn't dead...yet...
    When Ozzy publicly slammed his faithful friend Bill, the dream of these 4 guys ever being on stage again was over, then Geezer made comments and Tony later on..

It's not about losing faith, I had all the faith in the world, so much faith that I was counting on Bill joining his mates for some shows and then when they mentioned another possible album, I was like Bill will be on there, but then that was scrapped and Bill never joined them not even for their last two shows in Birmingham.

And then there is what Sellingmysoul mentioned above, I think that sealed our hopes for them ever getting back together, unless it's just the three of them without Bill.
    Your welcome OID, I was so excited that day and looking forward to hearing Bill play drums on new music, because it had been so long.. Unfortunately it did not happen.
    I think that was my biggest excitement seeing what Bill would come up with on drums, that would blow me away, now we can only hope for Bill's solo releases.

Re. seemingly lost faith, I believe those of us who are casting doubt on the possibility of Bill playing with Sabbath again in some capacity are just being realistic.

As for Sabbath opening for younger bands at Ozzfest or something (another Festival and/or show/s), I don't forsee that ever happening.

Ted

When Ozzy publicly slammed his faithful friend Bill, the dream of these 4 guys ever being on stage again was over, then Geezer made comments and Tony later on..
    It's not about losing faith, I had all the faith in the world, so much faith that I was counting on Bill joining his mates for some shows and then when they mentioned another possible album, I was like Bill will be on there, but then that was scrapped and Bill never joined them not even for their last two shows in Birmingham.

And then there is what Sellingmysoul mentioned above, I think that sealed our hopes for them ever getting back together, unless it's just the three of them without Bill.

I think that was my biggest excitement seeing what Bill would come up with on drums, that would blow me away, now we can only hope for Bill's solo releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Re. seemingly lost faith, I believe those of us who are casting doubt on the possibility of Bill playing with Sabbath again in some capacity are just being realistic.

As for Sabbath opening for younger bands at Ozzfest or something (another Festival and/or show/s), I don't forsee that ever happening.

Ted
    Hold the phone lol...

I think, the ideal solution to their problems with each other, is to like, have the four of them talk out their differences alone, isolated from outside politics (something like drama between their managers, family members possibly, idk) that further complicate things besides just between the issues the four of them have with eachother. Might take a while, or sooner than expected, to work out something agreeable to all four Black Sabbath members, but it'd be worth it for sure...

The Sabbs are receiving a lifetime achievement award at the grammys this year so hopefully they will all attend. This is probably the last time we will ever see them all together, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    The Sabbs are receiving a lifetime achievement award at the grammys this year so hopefully they will all attend. This is probably the last time we will ever see them all together, sadly.
    I highly doubt Bill will go if ozzy attends.

I think, the ideal solution to their problems with each other, is to like, have the four of them talk out their differences alone, isolated from outside politics (something like drama between their managers, family members possibly, idk) that further complicate things besides just between the issues the four of them have with eachother. Might take a while, or sooner than expected, to work out something agreeable to all four Black Sabbath members, but it'd be worth it for sure...
    I think that scenario would be more likely to succeed with other Groups where there isn't the question of at least 1 Member maybe not being up to the task: namely, Mr. Bill Ward. I believe the concerns re. Bill's functionality went quite a long way in Sabbath deciding to renegotiate his contract, suggesting having a back-up drummer also go on tour with the original lineup, etc.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    I hope to see them there all together, perhaps Bill will show he's the bigger man and put aside his differences and shows up even if Ozzy is there.

Hi all who read this! Before I post, I wish everyone who reads this a Happy 2019! Those of us who made it into 2019 (there are time zone differences and thus not everyone yet is in 2019), we made it into a new year! Here's to a better year than 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    I think that scenario would be more likely to succeed with other Groups where there isn't the question of at least 1 Member maybe not being up to the task: namely, Mr. Bill Ward. I believe the concerns re. Bill's functionality went quite a long way in Sabbath deciding to renegotiate his contract, suggesting having a back-up drummer also go on tour with the original lineup, etc.

Ted
    This way of thinking is geared towards a massive global tour kind of thing...not for the one-off shows I had in mind...I think Bill still has it in him to do those well. If he has a contract he and everyone else agrees with, then we should see new one off shows with the ORIGINAL lineup in no time

Happy new years ! Ozzy is busy with his band, Geezer has his new band and Tony is working on Re-mixing Forbidden and I am not sure what Bill is up to these days, I thought by now he was gonna have more Day Of Errors music released by now,but it is Bill we are talking about.

Happy new years ! Ozzy is busy with his band, Geezer has his new band and Tony is working on Re-mixing Forbidden and I am not sure what Bill is up to these days, I thought by now he was gonna have more Day Of Errors music released by now,but it is Bill we are talking about.
    Happy New Years to you too!

Ok...so it might take some time until the four of their schedules line up for the Black Sabbath hypothetical one off shows...but if they're all at peace w/ eachother and are willing to and the contracts are fair for everyone, I can't see how they wouldn't do that at some point.

Happy New Years to you too!

Ok...so it might take some time until the four of their schedules line up for the Black Sabbath hypothetical one off shows...but if they're all at peace w/ eachother and are willing to and the contracts are fair for everyone, I can't see how they wouldn't do that at some point.
    Happy New Years to everyone here on BSO!

@ Sellingmysoul, yeah I was hoping to get some new music from Bill aswell and Ozzy, lets see if we hear anything soon regarding a new album.

Man, I remember I was so pumped for this! Watched the press conference live and almost tearing up with goosebumps all over. Bought tickets to the show in Sweden. And then it all fell apart. Again.