Default Best albums off 2018

Post your favorite albums of 2018. I am going to post a ranked list along with my album of the year. Just need to do a little thinking and re-listening. I will probably do a top ten with maybe some honorable mentions. What are your favorite/best albums of 2018?

My best ones have been, Camilla Cabello. Judas Priest. Firepower and Little Mix LM5.

Sleep- The Sciences (surprise release) which I found out here through Jstheconqueror, thanks Js.

Judas Priest-Firepower
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-29-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-30-2018)

This year wasn't the best year for music. I listened to a lot of stuff though and re-kindled my love for many older albums. I have been scouring bandcamp a lot and listening to a lot of underground bands.I am sure there are albums I would have liked to mention I will start off with some albums I like but, but were not necessarily my favorites:
    Merlin- The Wizard (Bandcamp find check them out. Classic rock/proto doom that doesn't suck. Definitely have a unique sound to my ears with the saxophone thing going on.
    Turtle Skull- Turtle Skull ( Psychedelic 60's style music that reminds me of a heavier King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.)
    BLS- Grimmest Hits ( Its Ok I guess)
    Paul McCartney- Egypt Station (FUH YOU MAN)
    Death Grips- Year of the Snitch (not very cohesive, they have been on a downward trend for me for the past couple albums. First one I didn't buy. )
    Mike Patton- 1922 Soundtrack (Not a huge fan of soundtracks usually, but this one is creepy!
    Daughters- You Won't Get What You Want ( Can't figure out what the hell I am listening to half the time)
    High On Fire- Electric Messiah (HOF by the numbers. Pike is a riff master but not my favorite singer.)
    Haunt- Burst Into Flame (Kind of what I want when I listen to Ghost. Just started listening to this recently and I love it!)
    Khemmis- Desolation ( Just a solid doom metal, much like YOB I can tolerate the death metal style vocals only so much. Khemmis is actually more of a BM raspy scream here or there though.)
    Favorites:
    YOB- Our Raw Heart ( Honestly, this has grown into a chore to listen to all the way through. I still love the song The Screen though, its heavy!)
    Jack White- Boarding House Reach ( Might be my most listened to album of 2018. It came out pretty early in the year buts its just a fun album. Genre hopping madness that is definitely not for everyone. I think it is his best solo album to date!)
    Judas Priest- Firepower (Same old Priest which is a good thing! I will never not enjoy listening to new Priest. Far superior to Reedemer!)
    Ghost- Prequelle ( I listened to it a lot when it came out then haven't touched it since. Its only better than there EP's and Infest. Not enough heavy songs but I did enjoy the poppy style of it enough.)
    Voivod- The Wake ( This album I am still trying to wrap my head around. That is always the case for me with Voivod. It is defiinitely the best album cover of the year!)
    AIC- Rainer Fog (Alice in Chains is probably my favorite band and have been with me since i was a young lad. Its AIC by the numbers but I don't care. I am glad they are still putting out material and Cantrell is a guitar god. As long as he doesn't die, AIC will continue to capture my heart.)
    Sleep- The Sciences ( Absolutely love the Jack White's label released this monster of an album. Just wish it had all new songs and had the older ones like Antarcticans and Sonic as bonus tracks or something. This would have to be my AOTY still because there are no other options unless you count EP's.)
    Dead Cross- Dead Cross EP. This is my AOTY if an EP would count. Two new songs and remixes. Patton makes this EP a special listen, and there was simply nothing that could beat those two new songs out. Their album from 2017 was also my AOTY and also one of my most favorite albums ever! Kind of sad that nothing was better than 2 new tracks, but that is of course just my opinion.

Sorry for the massive wall of text. Just listen to this if you want my 2018 Album of the year!

Battleroar - Codex Epicus
    Black Moth - Anatomical Venus
    Lucifer - Lucifer II
    Iron Void - Excalibur
    Judas Priest - Firepower
    Burning Saviours - Death

I actually haven't listened to any of these terribly much... I finally got a decent job late September and it's allowed me to buy a TON more CDs than I can usually afford... However, with my work schedule in addition to spending time with my band, I haven't had a lot of time to listen to my new (and old but new to me) CDs.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Sun View Post
    Battleroar - Codex Epicus
    Black Moth - Anatomical Venus
    Lucifer - Lucifer II
    Iron Void - Excalibur
    Judas Priest - Firepower
    Burning Saviours - Death

I actually haven't listened to any of these terribly much... I finally got a decent job late September and it's allowed me to buy a TON more CDs than I can usually afford... However, with my work schedule in addition to spending time with my band, I haven't had a lot of time to listen to my new (and old but new to me) CDs.
    The responsibilities of life always take away from our fun time, unfortunately.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

I am in to all kinds of music not just hard rock and heavy metal...I like Alice in chains new album a lot and The record company, the struts. I haven't listened to alot of new music though.

I forgot to mention Black Label Society-Grimmest Hits, excellent album.