Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Black Sabbath's 20 best songs, from wicked to freakin' awesome

    I realize there's no such thing as "best", but here's my 20 fave Sabbath tunes. Maybe some are yours too

    https://earofnewt.com/2019/01/12/bla...eakin-awesome/

  2. #2

    Default

    I agree with some of your choices. Not N.I.B., Paranoid, Neon Knights, Looking for Today, Tomorrow's Dream, Dirty Women, Sabbra Cadabra and Junior's Eyes.

    In their place I would put Johnny Blade, Behind the Wall of Sleep, Falling Off the Edge of the World, Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero, Computer God, TV Crimes and After Forever.

    Ted

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    I agree with some of your choices. Not N.I.B., Paranoid, Neon Knights, Looking for Today, Tomorrow's Dream, Dirty Women, Sabbra Cadabra and Junior's Eyes.

    In their place I would put Johnny Blade, Behind the Wall of Sleep, Falling Off the Edge of the World, Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero, Computer God, TV Crimes and After Forever.

    Ted
    I sure am glad you don't disagree about "Supernaut"!

  4. #4
    Kennyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the newt View Post
    I realize there's no such thing as "best", but here's my 20 fave Sabbath tunes. Maybe some are yours too

    https://earofnewt.com/2019/01/12/bla...eakin-awesome/
    I have changed the order of the 20 songs you´ve chosen for an order that suits me better.

    1.Symptom of the universe
    2.Sabbra cadabra
    3.Paranoid
    4.N.I.B.
    5.Iron man
    6.Sabbath bloody sabbath
    7.Killing yourself to live
    8.War pigs
    9.Neon knights
    10.A National acrobat
    11.Into the void
    12.Children of the grave
    13.Tomorrows dream
    14.Looking for today
    15.Supernaut
    16.Juniors eyes
    17.Wishing well
    18.Dirty women
    19.Die young
    20.Methademic
    Last edited by Kennyz; 01-13-2019 at 01:33 PM.

  5. #5
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    I don’t have top tens, twenties or fives the whole entire Ozzy/Sabbath era is my tops, love every single song, the Dio and Gillan.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 01-19-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typo
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the newt View Post
    I sure am glad you don't disagree about "Supernaut"!
    Supernaut has both a heavy and unique sound to my ears, and I particularly like the droning guitar and exquisite drum patterns.

    Ted

  7. #7
    Kennyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    I have changed the order of the 20 songs you´ve chosen for an order that suits me better.

    1.Symptom of the universe
    2.Sabbra cadabra
    3.Paranoid
    4.N.I.B.
    5.Iron man
    6.Sabbath bloody sabbath
    7.Killing yourself to live
    8.War pigs
    9.Neon knights
    10.A National acrobat
    11.Into the void
    12.Children of the grave
    13.Tomorrows dream
    14.Looking for today
    15.Supernaut
    16.Juniors eyes
    17.Wishing well
    18.Dirty women
    19.Die young
    20.Methademic
    This does not mean that Methademic is bad. It is my favorite song from the 13 album.

  8. #8
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    This does not mean that Methademic is bad. It is my favorite song from the 13 album.
    Methademic is a great song, comes second after Pariah of the bonus tracks, favorites off of 13 would be Zeitgeist, Damaged Soul and Loner.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  9. #9
    Kennyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Methademic is a great song, comes second after Pariah of the bonus tracks, favorites off of 13 would be Zeitgeist, Damaged Soul and Loner.
    Methademic should have been on the original 13 album cos it´s the best song of them all.
    Last edited by Kennyz; 01-19-2019 at 01:25 PM.

  10. #10
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    Methademic should have been on the original 13 album cos it´s the best song of them all.
    So should’ve Pariah, that’s like the best song.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •