Default Geezer recalls first time meeting Ozzy

former Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler recalled his first-ever meeting with future frontman Ozzy Osbourne, who arrived at his front door in an unusual outfit.
    The pair met after Osbourne had placed an ad in a Birmingham, U.K., music shop. It later attracted the attention of Tony Iommi and Bill Ward, leading to the formation of Sabbath, originally named the Polka Tulk Blues Band, in 1968.
    “My first impression of Ozzy was that he was not the full shilling, as we used to say back then,” Butler told Music Radar in a new interview. “I’d seen his ‘Ozzy Zig Needs Gig’ advert in the local musical instruments store and noticed he lived a few streets away from me in Aston. I went around to his house, but he wasn’t in. Later that day, there was a knock on the door and my brother said, ‘There’s someone asking for you.’ I opened the door and there was this skinhead, with a factory gown on, no shoes or socks, a chimney brush over his shoulder and a sneaker on a dog lead. He was perfect for my band.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sellingmysoul For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (05-21-2019)

Thanks for sharing! That part made me laugh, the "not a full shilling" part
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

"Sneaker on a Dog Lead" is a good title for a song or album.

Jeffrey Nadrich
    Last edited by taylormick; 09-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.