Default Article - What Randy Rhoads really thought about Black Sabbath

https://metalheadzone.com/what-randy...black-sabbath/

Not exactly a revelation but worth a read/listen. “Black Sabbath was like a church of evil to us”. Ugh, gimme a break.

Funny how people think, I had a devout Christian upbringing and never though as Sabbath as a Church of evil or them as Satanic.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I know he didn't like them because he thought they were so basic, but I never read where he said they were so "evil." If anything, he thought they were corny from what I read.

Not to get too much into religion, but he was Lutheran, as I am, so we would have had similar ideas...and obviously I never felt Black Sabbath were evil, obviously, since they are my favourite band.
    He is not here. He has risen!

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    I know he didn't like them because he thought they were so basic, but I never read where he said they were so "evil." If anything, he thought they were corny from what I read.

Not to get too much into religion, but he was Lutheran, as I am, so we would have had similar ideas...and obviously I never felt Black Sabbath were evil, obviously, since they are my favourite band.
    WOW, Randy thought Sabbath were basic? Never knew that.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    WOW, Randy thought Sabbath were basic? Never knew that.
    He did.

I have a 1984 book put out by Guitar Player magazine and there is an article on Rhoads with several quotes. He really dances around the Sabbath issue by saying things like "I was never a Black Sabbath fan. They were good at what they did, and let's leave it at that."

Dana Strum and Rhoads' brother Kelle said that Rhoads thought Sabbath were "stock and basic."

I have met Dana Strum (when he was in Vinnie Vincent's band) and wanted to ask him about Rhoads, but never got the time.

I really don't care what he thought. Listen to the first two Quiet Riot albums. They was terrible. If it had not been for Bob's writing experience he would have never been any good

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSabbath View Post
    I really don't care what he thought. Listen to the first two Quiet Riot albums. They was terrible. If it had not been for Bob's writing experience he would have never been any good
    The Quiet Riot albums available in Japan, that were never released here?

I honestly like them. I have them both and I spin them once in while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have heard of them, they were very basic LA glam rock with an exceptional guitar player.

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I honestly like them. I have them both and I spin them once in while.

I listened to them on YouTube once, not bad, but nothing like what they became afterwards with Metal Health, I use to have the mask when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    From what I have heard of them, they were very basic LA glam rock with an exceptional guitar player.
    Yeah the songs I heard on YouTube, were ok.