Default The Greatest Martin Track Is...

..."I Witness".

There, I've said it.

Anno Mundi would have to be the greatest Martin/Sabbath track.

Eternal Idol was Ray Gillen’s really or I would’ve picked The Shining or Ancient Warrior.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-04-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

When I first starting getting into the Martin era, my favorite was Virtual Death all the way. I'm not so sure anymore. Off the top of my head, maybe The Lawmaker. But I'd have to revisit the Cross Purposes album because that was always my fav from this era.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Today:

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle

Tomorrow... who knows
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

The Shining.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

The 50 Martin Era tracks threaten everything Sabbath for the top spots .... Such a special era of music ..... impossible to choose from :

15) Scarlet Pimpernel - 37th greatest Sabbath piece

14) Eternal Idol - 35th greatest " "

13) When Death Calls - 33rd greatest " "

12) Cross Of Thorns - 30th greatest " "

11) I Witness - 28th " "

10) The Illusion Of Power - 27th " "

9) Forbidden - 25th " "

8) Feels Good To Me - 23rd " "

7) Lost Forever / Black Moon / Night Wing / Anno Mundi / Odin's Court - tied for 16th greatest Sabbath achievements

6) Back To Eden - 15th " "

5) Kiss of Death - 13th " "

4) Glory Ride - 11th " "

3) NIGHTMARE - 5th Greatest Sabbath track ever

2) The Sabbath Stones - 3rd Greatest Sabbath track ever .... tied with 3 other non Martin Era tracks

1) Kill In The Spirit World - Tops both "A National Acrobat" and "Buried Alive" , and ties "SOTU" for the #1 SABBATH track of all time!

I'd go with something from Headless Cross, my favourite Tony Martin-album. Probably When Death Calls or the title track.

This is a tough choice because i really like Martin's era so, it is difficult to choose just one song. But, considering the fact that i have to choose one song and with criterion that every time i hear this song, i get goosebumps, my pick for the greatest Martin era song is: Anno Mundi.

This song, shows Martin's capabilities to the fullest and the whole song is top notch, among Sabbath's greatest. However, i really dig the stuff from the Martin era....

Quote Originally Posted by tsimisde View Post
    This is a tough choice because i really like Martin's era so, it is difficult to choose just one song. But, considering the fact that i have to choose one song and with criterion that every time i hear this song, i get goosebumps, my pick for the greatest Martin era song is: Anno Mundi.

This song, shows Martin's capabilities to the fullest and the whole song is top notch, among Sabbath's greatest. However, i really dig the stuff from the Martin era....
    Like me T!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

tsimisde (04-05-2019)

Something about the Eternal Idol. That tune is sooooooo doomy and gloomy. It just seems right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tune but I feel “I Witness” drags on a bit after the solo. Martin only really starts singing during the second verse as well which I find a bit distracting. For me the only one on “Cross Purposes” that could even approach a spot on a list of the best Martin tracks would be “Virtual Death”.
    Last edited by ozzyandharriet; 07-04-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
    For me the only one on “Cross Purposes” that could even approach a spot on a list of the best Martin tracks would be “Virtual Death”.
    I think Psychophobia is the best song on Cross Purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    I think Psychophobia is the best song on Cross Purposes.
    That’s a good song Kenny.

Kiss Of Death best TM era track!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore