Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    640

    Default Ozzy postpones all 2019 shows


  2. #2
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Thanks for posting Sellingmysoul, that’s bad news, it’s possible the Ozzman will have to stop touring, it’s one thing after another.

    I think we can forget about a new album.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  3. #3
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    OZZY OSBOURNE Postpones All 2019 Tour Dates

    April 4, 2019

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...19-tour-dates/

    Ozzy Osbourne has announced the postponement of all his 2019 tour dates, inclusive of shows in North America and Europe, as he recovers from an injury sustained while dealing with his recent bout of pneumonia. The BLACK SABBATH singer fell at his Los Angeles home, aggravating years-old injuries (from his 2003 ATV accident) that required surgery last month. Osbourne will remain under doctor's care in Los Angeles as he recovers.

    Says Ozzy: "I can't believe I have to reschedule more tour dates. Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and depressed I am not to be able to tour right now. I'm grateful for the love and support I'm getting from my family, my band, friends and fans, it's really what's keeping me going. Just know that I am getting better every day...I will fully recover...I will finish my tour...I will be back!"

    The shows will be rescheduled beginning in February 2020 and concert-goers are being asked to hold onto their original tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Because some of the 2019 dates were festival appearances, not all will be rescheduled. Below are the new North American dates; the Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl show will be rescheduled in July 2020 (exact date to be announced). The 2020 European dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
    Ozzy fell, recovering from pneumonia (a dangerous illness in itself, to anyone in his age), probably in stairs walking down. In his age the recovery periods are lengthy, especially after a surgery, so the question remains: will Ozzy get back to even near the same shape he was in before his health concerns began? The worst situation for him and for us fans as well would be the grim reality of being forced to leave all touring activities behind him for good. All we can do is to pray and hope that Ozzy will recover, first to normal life and then to touring shape.

    However his health situation develops and even though we would get to know the new tourdates for Europe as well, it will be a gnawing season of several months for us to wait through. Will the European tour commence in the spring of 2020, before the U.S. tour, or will it happen no earlier than in the autumn of 2020...oh man, I know it's selfish to even ponder this too much, but I do consider Ozzy's health and touring capability as a dual entirety - if Ozzy's alive and well, he will be out there rocking! That's what being the Prince of Fucking Darkness is all about! Ozzy's truly one of my heroes, a beloved artist and voice in the history of my music world.

    God bless Ozzy! Get back in shape and get back to rock!!!
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  4. #4
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    The important thing is that Ozzy fully recovers, everything else can wait.

    I wish Ozzy the best.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  5. #5
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    The important thing is that Ozzy fully recovers, everything else can wait.

    I wish Ozzy the best.
    Me too. I hope he recovers and writes some kick ass songs for the next Ozzy album.

  6. #6
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Me too. I hope he recovers and writes some kick ass songs for the next Ozzy album.
    Amen brother!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  7. #7
    Requiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Darkness
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Thanks for posting Sellingmysoul, that’s bad news, it’s possible the Ozzman will have to stop touring, it’s one thing after another.

    I think we can forget about a new album.
    I think you're right OID. With his injured hand, then pneumonia, and then a fall, it really does seem like one thing after another, and now that he's in his 70s I think the likelihood of another traditional tour and an album is remote. Time catches up with all of us.

    Considering it's 9 years since an Ozzy solo album, I just can't see it coming together now. And if it does - and I don't want to sound cynical - I can't see him being all that involved. It's just a sad situation for the guy.

    This just makes his history all the more special.

  8. #8
    Ala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    250

    Default

    The dates that's been postponed this time stretches to july. The european dates from february that was postponed was supposed to be rescheduled to september, I would assume these are also postponed but no way to know since they never announced any new dates for those shows. I don't think we'll get any Ozzy at all in 2019.

  9. #9
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    I think you're right OID. With his injured hand, then pneumonia, and then a fall, it really does seem like one thing after another, and now that he's in his 70s I think the likelihood of another traditional tour and an album is remote. Time catches up with all of us.

    Considering it's 9 years since an Ozzy solo album, I just can't see it coming together now. And if it does - and I don't want to sound cynical - I can't see him being all that involved. It's just a sad situation for the guy.

    This just makes his history all the more special.
    Maybe Ozzy should stop touring get back in shape heal up and concentrate on a new album.

    What happened to the surprise he had in store for us that Sharon spoke about?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  10. #10

    Default

    Ozzy should retire.

    He has nothing left to prove.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wheels Of Confusion For This Useful Post:

    maestro (04-08-2019)

  12. #11
    maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Maybe Ozzy should stop touring get back in shape heal up and concentrate on a new album.

    What happened to the surprise he had in store for us that Sharon spoke about?
    I would love if he did that OID. A new album and a healthy Ozzy is what we need.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Ozzy should retire.

    He has nothing left to prove.
    I agree with this statement to an extent. He has nothing to prove but man, I’d love a new album. I feel he has it in him for one more great album.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I would love if he did that OID. A new album and a healthy Ozzy is what we need.
    Yes more than anything, Ozzy gets better and heals up, that's the most important.

    He still has it in him for a great album, 13 was proof of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I agree with this statement to an extent. He has nothing to prove but man, I’d love a new album. I feel he has it in him for one more great album.
    Ozzy has nothing to prove is right, the man has done it all and his name is synonymous with Elvis, John Lennon all the greats, it's a household name, everyone knows it and him, unless you live out in the desert under a rock, and even under those conditions you might still know it, Ozzy the man who fronted Sabbath, the greatest frontman and entertainer, singer that ever lived on the face of God's green Earth!


    God bless Ozzy Osbourne and God bless Black Sabbath!!!!!!


    WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-14-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  15. #14
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Yes more than anything, Ozzy gets better and heals up, that's the most important.

    He still has it in him for a great album, 13 was proof of that.



    Ozzy has nothing to prove is right, the mas has done it all and his name is synonymous with Elvis, John Lennon all the greats, it's a household name, everyone knows it and him, unless you live out in the desert under a rock, and even under those conditions you might still know it, Ozzy the man who fronted Sabbath, the greatest frontman and entertainer, singer that ever lived on the face of God's green Earth!


    God bless Ozzy Osbourne and God bless Black Sabbath!!!!!!


    WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well said OID! I have a feeling the man will come back with a new album at some point.

  16. #15
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Well said OID! I have a feeling the man will come back with a new album at some point.

    Thanks brother, I'm hoping he does.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  17. #16
    Ala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Finally got a new date for the show here in Sweden. February 22nd 2020, one year to the day since the original concert was supposed to take place. Finally some good news!

  18. #17
    Requiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Darkness
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    Finally got a new date for the show here in Sweden. February 22nd 2020, one year to the day since the original concert was supposed to take place. Finally some good news!
    Feels like an eternity away. Fingers crossed Ozzy can keep his health in order and get the job done.

    Somehow I fear any chance of a Melbourne show is now over, and that's the ultimate sin!

  19. #18

    Default

    Here's an update re. Ozzy's recovery:

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...go-by-january/

    Given what's happened to him, only time will tell if he'll be ready to resume touring next year.

    Ted

  20. #19
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Here's an update re. Ozzy's recovery:

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...go-by-january/
    Ozzy seems to have been close to even death when he fell and hurt himself - all those metal braces got loose, the neck injury...a close call indeed!

    I believe and trust that Ozzy will recover in time for the rescheduled dates, he's made of some toughest bones and a heart of steel!

    May God bless him...and fully save him all the way to home one day.

    Ozzy
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  21. #20
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    640

    Default

    I think Ozzy's days of touring are over.

  22. #21
    William_the_Bloody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    He's not quite dead!

  23. #22
    MikeTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Here's an update re. Ozzy's recovery:

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...go-by-january/

    Given what's happened to him, only time will tell if he'll be ready to resume touring next year.

    Ted
    He's got 5 months to work up to doing 90-minute gigs, with maybe a month of rehearsals needed before that. Sounds like a very tall order from where he's at.

    I would think people who've already bought tickets would be ok with him performing in a wheelchair as long as they get to see him. It's not like he's been moving around the stage much in recent years.

    I wonder what he's gonna do with himself once performing is definitely out of the question. He mentions working on songs to fill time, so maybe new music is more of a possibility now.

  24. #23

    Default

    The guy's a legend amongst legends, why even bother risking it?

    There's nothing left to prove...except maybe that he can still make a good album.

  25. #24

    Ohno

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    The guy's a legend amongst legends, why even bother risking it?

    There's nothing left to prove...except maybe that he can still make a good album.
    Ozzy should've called it a day as a solo artist the minute he rejoined Black Sabbath. Just saying. ...

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    Ozzy should've called it a day as a solo artist the minute he rejoined Black Sabbath. Just saying. ...
    I agree to an extent- I certainly had and have no interest in seeing his solo live show these days but no reason he couldn't put out studio albums or stuff from the vault.

    Unfortunately they (Ozzy and his management) don't want to put out albums because there's no money in it.

    You'd think they could part with a couple of hundred grand for the fans they love so much...

  27. #26
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    I agree to an extent- I certainly had and have no interest in seeing his solo live show these days but no reason he couldn't put out studio albums or stuff from the vault.

    Unfortunately they (Ozzy and his management) don't want to put out albums because there's no money in it.

    You'd think they could part with a couple of hundred grand for the fans they love so much...
    I was hoping for a new Ozzy album, but after this I don't have much hope, I'm honestly thinking Ozzy won't even be able to resume touring.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  28. #27

  29. #28
    DiosSword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Borderline, in more ways than one...
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Considering all that Ozzy has been through in his lifetime (much of it self-inflicted), as well as being 70 years old, I think it should come as no surprise that he's going to wind things down, and one day stop, from everything - live gigs, recording, everything. I think he has earned it.
    He is not here. He has risen!

  30. #29
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    Considering all that Ozzy has been through in his lifetime (much of it self-inflicted), as well as being 70 years old, I think it should come as no surprise that he's going to wind things down, and one day stop, from everything - live gigs, recording, everything. I think he has earned it.
    I’m surprised the Sabs haven’t been knighted yet, it’s long overdue.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  31. #30
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I’m surprised the Sabs haven’t been knighted yet, it’s long overdue.
    The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the civil service.

    Well they all have contributed to the arts and some comprehensive public service for the past 50 years, during which the sovereign has been the very same, so at least CBE would be deserved...plus Tony at least has contributed to work of charity as well, so he could be a KBE...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  32. #31
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry, rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the civil service.

    Well they all have contributed to the arts and some comprehensive public service for the past 50 years, during which the sovereign has been the very same, so at least CBE would be deserved...plus Tony at least has contributed to work of charity as well, so he could be a KBE...
    Haven't they all contributed to charity? That would be nice to hear, "Sir Anthony Frank Iommi"
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  33. #32
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Here's another update re. Ozzy:

    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...daughter-says/

    Ted
    Thanks for the update Ted.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiosSword View Post
    Considering all that Ozzy has been through in his lifetime (much of it self-inflicted), as well as being 70 years old, I think it should come as no surprise that he's going to wind things down, and one day stop, from everything - live gigs, recording, everything. I think he has earned it.
    I'm surprised he's still going this strong, he has certainly earned it.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  34. #33
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I was hoping for a new Ozzy album, but after this I don't have much hope, I'm honestly thinking Ozzy won't even be able to resume touring.
    Was just scrolling through the thread and saw what I posted, guess I was wrong on both, we are getting a new album and he is resuming touring.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  35. #34
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    OZZY OSBOURNE Postpones European Tour Again; North American Dates Still On For Spring/Summer 2020

    October 9, 2019

    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...g-summer-2020/

    Ozzy Osbourne has once again postponed his European tour.

    In early April, Ozzy scrapped all his 2019 tour dates, both in North America and Europe, as he recovered from an injury sustained while dealing with his recent bout of pneumonia. The singer fell at his Los Angeles home, aggravating years-old injuries from his 2003 ATV accident that required new surgery. The European leg of his "No More Tours 2" trek was then rescheduled for January-March 2020, with the North American dates set to follow in May 2020.

    Earlier today, Ozzy's social media was update with a video message from the BLACK SABBATH legend in which he announced the postponement of the 2020 European tour and addressed his health status.

    He said: "I'm here to give you an update on my condition. As you probably know, or you may not know, at the beginning of this year, I had a bad fall. I screwed all the vertebrae in my neck and had to have surgery. I've got a lot more nuts and bolts in my neck now than in my car. I'm not dying, I am recovering — it's just taking a little bit longer than everyone thought it would. I'm bored stiff of being stuck on a fucking bed all day. I can't wait to get off my ass and get going again. But you're just gonna have to be a little bit more patient. I'm postponing the European tour because I'm not ready. I'm not retiring — I've still got gigs to do — but when I do come back on an American tour, I wanna be one hundred percent ready to come out and knock your fucking socks off. And also, there's a new album on the way."

    He added: "Thank you to my band and my crew and Live Nation, and most of all, JUDAS PRIEST.

    "I just wanna say one thing to the fans: I sincerely thank you for your patience and your loyalty. I love you. Now, will you fuck off and let me get better."

    According to Live Nation Sweden, the new European tour dates will now take place "in the first half of 2021."
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  36. #35
    sellingmysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    640

    Default

    I think his shows will be few and far between from now on...

  37. #36
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    I think his shows will be few and far between from now on...
    Clearly it's time for Ozzy to start thinking about far more important things...because things like album productions, touring schedules, jetlag, backstage warmups and stage antics will pass, no matter how much one enjoys them and lives through and for them. After more than 50 years in the business non-stop, day-in day-out, dealing with serious health issues like the ones reported recently, time is on no-one's side anymore...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  38. #37
    Ala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Västerås, Sweden
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post

    According to Live Nation Sweden, the new European tour dates will now take place "in the first half of 2021."
    I bought my ticket i september -18. Quite the wait for this one....

  39. #38
    Sabbathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    FINLAND
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    I bought my ticket i september -18. Quite the wait for this one....
    I'll probably return the ticket for refund and direct the money to LPs. I'll buy a new ticket again sometime a year from now...if Ozzy's still active and booked for a tour in the first half 2021...

    2021...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

  40. #39
    OzzyIsDio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath
    Posts
    10,184

    Default

    If there are tickets still available I might catch the Ozzman for his final Tour, I've been listening to his whole catalog this week, not one bad album in his whole career.

    His weakest albums, what people would term them, are better and stronger than anything out there in todays music.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •