Default Rainbow Rising Suite

I think Rainbow Rising is overrated...IMO Long Live R&R is a much better album
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I think Rainbow Rising is overrated...IMO Long Live R&R is a much better album
    I prefer Rising but not by much. Kill the King is great and Gates of Babylon may be the best Rainbow song ever. Bob Daisley is a better bass player than Jimmy Bain. But there's no Tarot Woman, Stargazer or A Light in the Black in Long Live RnR. And while Run With the Wolf and Do You Close Your Eyes are fillers, I still like them more than LA Connection or Rainbow Eyes. Lady of the Lake is cool though. Probably what makes me choose Rising over all that stuff is the clearer production. It just sounds more powerful to me. Both are great albums though.

Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by JosepZ View Post
    I prefer Rising but not by much. Kill the King is great and Gates of Babylon may be the best Rainbow song ever. Bob Daisley is a better bass player than Jimmy Bain. But there's no Tarot Woman, Stargazer or A Light in the Black in Long Live RnR. And while Run With the Wolf and Do You Close Your Eyes are fillers, I still like them more than LA Connection or Rainbow Eyes. Lady of the Lake is cool though. Probably what makes me choose Rising over all that stuff is the clearer production. It just sounds more powerful to me. Both are great albums though.

Thanks for the comment!
    yea both great and your right Gates is the best they ever recorded.....epic
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

My favorite is the debut, something about that album, love the way it flows, all the Dio/Rainbow albums are great.

Great job again Josep!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Thank you!

Love all 3 DIO era Rainbow albums, each one as great songs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by masonic View Post
    Love all 3 DIO era Rainbow albums, each one as great songs on them.
    Very much agreed Masonic, love 'em all
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)