Default A little about me

September to me was like any other month. No different except for the fact that slowly the summer would start to end at this time of the year and the fall would slowly start to take over. I now also know that September is Aneurysm Awareness month.

September 15th started like any other day. The only difference was we were celebrating a belated birthday for my mother whoís birthday is the 13th but were only able to celebrate on that Saturday the 15th. It was abnormally hot that day for this time of the year and I had woken up with a headache I just couldnít shake. We had pizza, cake and some cappuccinos. It was a good day. As I said earlier I had a headache all day and was not up to the 20 minute walk home so I took a bus home instead.

We got to my house and watched a horror movie called Mama on NETFLIX. I had seen it before but I liked it. After it was over my brother left to go home and my mother and sister left to get some groceries. I was left alone. I was watching Cops or some other live police show. Suddenly my headache intensified 100 times fold. I had never felt a pain like this. I touched the back of my head to see if there was blood. I thought I was shot by a stray bullet in the head.

I slowly felt I was losing consciousness. Everything was going dark. I cloud feel myself slipping away... leaving.... darker......
    I told myself to not let myself slip into the slumber my system wanted so bad because I KNEW I wouldnít wake up. Yet it seemed so relaxing if I just closed my eyes for a just a little bit. I got up from my chair slowly and I just wanted to fall over. If I fell forward I would crash into a glass table and the tv. If I fell to the right, Iíd fall into a computer and a monitor. If I walked 3 feed id fall onto the couch. I did just that, I walked over 3 feet and crashed to the couch. I may have lost consciousness here. I donít know. All I know is that I told myself to get up again.... GET UP. Or I never would.

I was drenched from sweat. It was as if I had taken a shower and did not dry off. I was so sweaty. It was dripping off my body. I was also thirsty. Never in my life was I ever so thirsty. Given the chance I would have drank from a puddle on the street.

I called my mother and told her what was happening. She told me to call an ambulance right away and that she was coming right back to my house. I went ahead and called an ambulance and told them I was dying. They asked me some questions which I tried to answer. They said unlock the door and wait for them. I put on another tshirt as the one I had put on 5 minutes earlier was now drenched from sweat. I put it on backwards and waited for the ambulance to come. I didnít care the shirt was on backwards. 5 minutes later the door burst open and my mother came in. 5 minutes after that the ambulance came.

I remember at the Hospital that they ran some tests. Some scans. They also said they may do what is called a lumbar puncture. I didnít know what that was. The rest is a haze and I donít remember it very well. I was told that they would operate at the hospital that night. But then they opted to send me to the Neurological hospital instead because they were better equipped to deal with my situation.

I had an aneurysm that had ruptured. Leading to a Subarachnoid Hemorage. These things only happen to other people or on TV I thought. At the Montreal Neuro they induced me into a coma and performed an operation that morning where they coiled the aneurysm. I have 3 titanium coils on my brain. I really am bionic. Half man, half machine all heart. When I had gone into the hospital I had a very long heard. I awoke 2 days later with no beard. They had to shave me to put tubes in so that I could breath properly. I had massive headaches and slurred speech. My left side was ďoffĒ I was weaker on one side. The first 5 days were the most intense. I was told thereís such a thing called a vaso spasm which is a secondary stroke. And usually those are deadly. I was monitored for those Vaso Spasms. I did have them but not to a serious extent.

I spent almost a month in the hospital. About 20 days in intensive care. I was told by doctors and nurses that 50% of the people that have this happen to them do not make it to the hospital. Of the 50% that do make it, half of them die in the hospital. The ones that do survive usually suffer some sort of permanent damage. I would see people coming in one day and not making it out of the hospital. People were dying all around me. When I was walking around the ward one day for exercise I saw a priest by the bed of a little girl reading to her. It was surreal. I was lucky I have no permanent impairments. Nothing. Just debilitating headaches which I have been assured will come to pass slowly. I have anxiety in crowded place, some memory gaps and get confused sometimes for a moment. Iím still healing.

Why am I writing this? Iím not really sure. I just wanted to post this somewhere to get it off my chest. I donít really want to post to other social media and donít belong to any other boards. Itís a sort of therapy for me. Thanks for listening guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by maestro; 06-11-2019 at 07:55 AM.

God bless you Maestro, my thoughts and prayers are always with you my good friend and brother.

I am always here when you need me brother!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    God bless you Maestro, my thoughts and prayers are always with you my good friend and brother.

I am always here when you need me brother!
    Thanks brother. It means a lot. You have been a great friend to me

Thank you Jesus that you are well .... enjoy your blessings and embrace your path ,, thank you for choosing BSO to share your story with us ... it's not taken lightly.

God Bless my Sabbath brother , Doc

Maestro, I am glad to hear that you are on the path to recovery from this massive health challenge. Not too many metal heads actually have metal in their heads! May God bless you with a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Thank you Jesus that you are well .... enjoy your blessings and embrace your path ,, thank you for choosing BSO to share your story with us ... it's not taken lightly.

God Bless my Sabbath brother , Doc
    God Bless you too Doc. It means a lot that you posted. Without my family and their prayers I know I wouldnít be here. I come from a Greek Orthodox family where we are very religious. I know my parents spent days at the church praying for me to get better and with out Gods intervention I would not be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Maestro, I am glad to hear that you are on the path to recovery from this massive health challenge. Not too many metal heads actually have metal in their heads! May God bless you with a full recovery.
    Aww thanks Sabman. Youíre a gentleman for taking the time to write. Iím getting better day by day. I may end up calling myself Ironman. Only if Tony would approve of course.

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Thanks brother. It means a lot. You have been a great friend to me
    You have been a great friend too Maestro, you will always be in my thoughts and prayers brother, you've been through a lot, with friends and family praying for you, you'll get through this just fine and heal with Godspeed.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)