Default What do you think the chances are of a Martin/Iommi Heaven & Hell type reunion?

The Martin years are amongst my favourite Sabbath albums. Do you think the ship has sailed for a Martin/Iommi reunion album/tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    The Martin years are amongst my favourite Sabbath albums. Do you think the ship has sailed for a Martin/Iommi reunion album/tour?
    Good to see you back around Towelie, I think it's very possible for a Martin/Iommi reunion and am hoping for one myself.

I think once the Martin albums are remastered and new tracks are recorded to accompany the remasters, it may be even possible for the two Tonys to get together and record a new album, and some shows but not a full on Tour as Tony Iommi has said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it's hard for him considering his health issues.

I hope for both new album and select shows, so I have the opportunity to see Martin playing the Martin/Sabbath classics live.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Good to see you back around Towelie, I think it's very possible for a Martin/Iommi reunion and am hoping for one myself.

I think once the Martin albums are remastered and new tracks are recorded to accompany the remasters, it may be even possible for the two Tonys to get together and record a new album, and some shows but not a full on Tour as Tony Iommi has said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it's hard for him considering his health issues.

I hope for both new album and select shows, so I have the opportunity to see Martin playing the Martin/Sabbath classics live.
    Yeah, I just hope Tony I is feeling up to it. Time isn't exactly on their side, so if it doesn't happen in the next 5yrs or so, I don't forsee it ever happening, which would be such a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I just hope Tony I is feeling up to it. Time isn't exactly on their side, so if it doesn't happen in the next 5yrs or so, I don't forsee it ever happening, which would be such a wasted opportunity.
    He's starting with the Forbidden album and some new tracks I've read about, I believe it's on Tony martin's website or Facebook page.

I agree with the time issue, I hope it happens, Tony Iommi is not one to sit around forever, look at Geezer he's back up and running and Bill Ward is supposedly releasing a new album with his band Day Of Errors, so it's possible Tony I. might get the itch, and Ozzy hasn't stopped yet!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    He's starting with the Forbidden album and some new tracks I've read about, I believe it's on Tony martin's website or Facebook page.

I agree with the time issue, I hope it happens, Tony Iommi is not one to sit around forever, look at Geezer he's back up and running and Bill Ward is supposedly releasing a new album with his band Day Of Errors, so it's possible Tony I. might get the itch, and Ozzy hasn't stopped yet!
    Yeah, age is a bitch and I guess we all reach an age where we lose our desire to push forward and be productive. Fingers crossed Iommi still has a little fire left in his belly, as y'know Martin would be there with bells on!

Yeah, age is a bitch and I guess we all reach an age where we lose our desire to push forward and be productive. Fingers crossed Iommi still has a little fire left in his belly, as y'know Martin would be there with bells on!
    Last time I read Iommi hasn't stopped writing riffs and says he has plenty of music written, so I think he still has the fire.