Default Junior's Eyes 1977 ft. Dave Walker

I've been really fascinated by this version of Junior's Eyes ft. Dave Walker lately:

First off, I love the way Sabbath sounds here. To try to describe it, it sounds much...more raw here...if that makes sense. I prefer this embryonic sound to the final's cleaner sound musically

Second, Dave's singing is alright, but it doesn't mesh well with Sabbath's sound I feel. Overall, it definitely makes me appreciate Ozzy's talents vocally with Sabbath, listening to the final Junior's Eyes after listening to this one makes it clear how much Ozzy's voice contributed to the Sabbath sound.

It's still a fascinating piece of history to me regardless, and am glad it's out there...I could spend hours listening to these early/alternate versions of Sabbath material.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! For This Useful Post:

Kennyz (06-18-2019)

Thank you very much for sharing this. I've had an audio recording of Dave Walker's performance of Junior's Eyes with Sabbath on UK TV for quite a long time; overall, my recording sounds 'rougher' than this so it may be a different recording.

I think Mr. Walker's vocals on this are considerably superior to Ozzy's on the album version, which to me helps raise the quality of the song. Now I can't help but wonder how much better the NSD album might have been with Dave.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing this. I've had an audio recording of Dave Walker's performance of Junior's Eyes with Sabbath on UK TV for quite a long time; overall, my recording sounds 'rougher' than this so it may be a different recording.

I think Mr. Walker's vocals on this are considerably superior to Ozzy's on the album version, which to me helps raise the quality of the song. Now I can't help but wonder how much better the NSD album might have been with Dave.

Ted
    You're welcome.

Would you be so kind as to share it somehow? You piqued my interest, I'd love to hear another version of Dave Walker's Junior's Eyes! If you upload it online, or sending the file to me through PM, (or if it's already uploaded online, you can link me to it on YouTube or something) I'd greatly appreciate it!

I love this great and raw Dave Walker version of Juniorīs Eyes.(The original Ozzy version is also great).
    Last edited by Kennyz; 06-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    You're welcome.

Would you be so kind as to share it somehow? You piqued my interest, I'd love to hear another version of Dave Walker's Junior's Eyes! If you upload it online, or sending the file to me through PM, (or if it's already uploaded online, you can link me to it on YouTube or something) I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Unfortunately the recording I have is on an audio cassette tape so not really easy for me to upload it. Actually, if I remember correctly, I obtained my recording of the song via a link in this website. I'm not certain offhand where the link was (is), but it may have been in the Timelines section.

If I have time, I'll look for the link in this site and if I find it I'll let you know here.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    I love this great and raw Dave Walker version of Juniorīs Eyes.(The Original Ozzy version is also great).
    Me too! I also agree with the Ozzy ver. still being great!

Unfortunately the recording I have is on an audio cassette tape so not really easy for me to upload it. Actually, if I remember correctly, I obtained my recording of the song via a link in this website. I'm not certain offhand where the link was (is), but it may have been in the Timelines section.

If I have time, I'll look for the link in this site and if I find it I'll let you know here.

Ted
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll explore this website and see if it's available here too

Tracks are the same ,,, just multiple cleaned up versions out there (3 I believe) , one with the slightest variant ...... Great track with Dave , great track with Ozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Tracks are the same ,,, just multiple cleaned up versions out there (3 I believe) , one with the slightest variant ...... Great track with Dave , great track with Ozzy.
    Thanks for clearing that up, Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Thanks BTE; I listened to the recording 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! provided again and it does sound like a cleaned up version of the recording I have. FYI I checked the Timelines section of this site but couldn't find a link to the recording there.

Ted

Thanks BTE; I listened to the recording 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! provided again and it does sound like a cleaned up version of the recording I have. FYI I checked the Timelines section of this site but couldn't find a link to the recording there.

Ted
    I think I found it on this website (if it's this one, then it sounds like the one I linked to):

On "The Band" section on the home page, click on Dave Walker, then you'll see a link to his version of Junior's Eyes named "walker"

links:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/theband/walker/

Dave Walker section under "The Band" on the home page

https://www.black-sabbath.com/sounds/walker.mp3

The MP3 of Junior's Eyes with Dave Walker from the link in the Dave Walker section

^^ That's great, I'm glad you were able to find it.

Ted

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ted Sallis For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    It's still a fascinating piece of history to me regardless, and am glad it's out there...I could spend hours listening to these early/alternate versions of Sabbath material
    Me too......
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)