Default Iommi: "We may reunite"

TONY IOMMI MAKES A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT FUTURE OF BLACK SABBATH

Black Sabbath mastermind Tony Iommi spoke in a recent question and answer session at a conference which he was attended on September 5, and revealed what he think about possible reunion for Black Sabbath.

Tony said that ‘we may reunite’, here’s the full statement:

“We may [reunite] – I don’t know – do a one-off or something, but never touring again. ‘Cause we’re at the age now – we retired, but I’m still gonna play.

But to tour the world like we were – we did an 18-month tour, the last one was. It’s a long time to be out and away from home and your friends and family. So if we do do anything, it would be very short.”
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wicked Cricket For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (09-20-2019)

I have always wished that they will one day play in Hongkong.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

It will need to happen in the next year I’m assuming.

how about another album? I'd like to hear a real heavy metal version vs the 1st album like sound of 13...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Look...the ultimate thing for us fans, even exclusively in the UK, would be few special performances of both 'Black Sabbath' and 'Paranoid' albums side by side, celebrating the 50th anniversary of those masterpieces and, thus, all of heavy metal.

I would love the setlist, added with choice cuts from the two following albums...

Black Sabbath
    Electric Funeral
    The Wizard
    N.I.B.
    Hand Of Doom
    Rat Salad
    Behind The Wall Of Sleep
    Sweet Leaf
    Iron Man
    Evil Woman
    Sleeping Village
    Warning
    Snowblind
    Fairies Wear Boots
    Into The Void
    Planet Caravan
    ---
    War Pigs
    Children Of The Grave
    ---
    Paranoid
    --------------------------

2CD
    DVD
    Bluray
    2LP
    2CD/DVD/Bluray/2LP
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Ozzy Osbourne's band is performing in Birmingham 2/14/20 -

Tony Geezer and Bill should join Ozzy at that gig and play the song "Black Sabbath" to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the album that started Heavy Metal and changed the world of music forever.

Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne's band is performing in Birmingham 2/14/20 -

Tony Geezer and Bill should join Ozzy at that gig and play the song "Black Sabbath" to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the album that started Heavy Metal and changed the world of music forever.
    That really would be the perfect time and occasion to reconnect with Bill and potentially close the band full-circle.

I'm fine if they just drop it.

GID? left them on a high note, and the tour was closure.

Let it die already.

Geezer and Iommi clearly could have more to do in whatever time they have left, but let's get fRESH with it...no Gillan, no Hughes, No Martin, No Joerogen Diofaken or whatever his name is...

Find a fresh and interesting talent and run with that.

Let the past go, be relevant to NOW.

Ozzy found a way with this Take What You Want From me business...that's what they need to do.

I say take the Sabbath formula and put a Chick out front. This is the time for Power Chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    Geezer and Iommi clearly could have more to do in whatever time they have left, but let's get fRESH with it...no Gillan, no Hughes, No Martin, No Joerogen Diofaken or whatever his name is...

I say take the Sabbath formula and put a Chick out front. This is the time for Power Chicks.
    You really have to elaborate a bit here, Bleeding Will.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

I wouldn't mind seeing them all play a one-off show via Youtube footage or something. I'd even settle for the four of them being together publicly again, a la the 2011 Reunion annoucement. I'd like to see them all happy together, as brothers once more.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    I'm fine if they just drop it.

GID? left them on a high note, and the tour was closure.

Let it die already.

Find a fresh and interesting talent and run with that.

Let the past go, be relevant to NOW.

Ozzy found a way with this Take What You Want From me business...that's what they need to do.

"Meat" , 9th "best" Sab track of all time .... Skin is fantastic on vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing them all play a one-off show via Youtube footage or something. I'd even settle for the four of them being together publicly again, a la the 2011 Reunion annoucement. I'd like to see them all happy together, as brothers once more.
    I think Ozzy and Sharon would need to retrieve the contents of their knife draw from Bills back before that happened.

Wouldn't it be something if they surprised us all with an album, like Ozzy just did.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    I think Ozzy and Sharon would need to retrieve the contents of their knife draw from Bills back before that happened.
    I don't know if that's still the case anymore, it may or may not be. I guess it wouldn't hurt for Ozzy to check on Bill if things are ok between them or not, and if they are great! If not, then apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if they surprised us all with an album, like Ozzy just did.
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...hs-final-tour/ Based on this article (I don't know if there's a more recent one on Ozzy's view on Black Sabbath), it seems like Ozzy doesn't like Sabbath as much as he used to at one point...he still would like a final gig with all four members to end it properly, but to expect a new album from them seems far fetched at this point it seems.

I don't know if that's still the case anymore, it may or may not be. I guess it wouldn't hurt for Ozzy to check on Bill if things are ok between them or not, and if they are great! If not, then apologize.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...hs-final-tour/ Based on this article (I don't know if there's a more recent one on Ozzy's view on Black Sabbath), it seems like Ozzy doesn't like Sabbath as much as he used to at one point...he still would like a final gig with all four members to end it properly, but to expect a new album from them seems far fetched at this point it seems.
    It seemed far fetched to me we’d get a final album from Ozzy, but we’re getting one.

I know we won’t though, the final tour wasn’t called The End for nothing.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

It seemed far fetched to me we’d get a final album from Ozzy, but we’re getting one.

I know we won’t though, the final tour wasn’t called The End for nothing.
    I don't follow solo Ozzy stuff like at all, but that's great it came out of nowhere! Honestly you never know with Sabbath, might just happen but keep the expectations in check that's all.

I don't follow solo Ozzy stuff like at all, but that's great it came out of nowhere! Honestly you never know with Sabbath, might just happen but keep the expectations in check that's all.
    Gotta keep the faith 70’sOzzyBlackSabbath! (YoY)

Gotta keep the faith 70’sOzzyBlackSabbath! (YoY)
    Indeed, indeed! In Ozzy's words from a live show: "That's the way!"

I would be happy if those 4 guys recorded 1 more studio song together as the last one was Psycho man....

Indeed, indeed! In Ozzy's words from a live show: "That's the way!"
    Rock on brother!

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    I would be happy if those 4 guys recorded 1 more studio song together as the last one was Psycho man....
    That would be the best, I'd settle for just one more studio song with all the Sab Four.

No way that all 4 of those guys will be on a stage together again.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    No way that all 4 of those guys will be on a stage together again.
    I don't think so either, time is ticking, Ozzy is having hard enough time keeping up his No More Tours II, on his own.