Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks brother, Maestro has given it to me already, much appreciated Fabiano, hope you have been well.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I fucking like it! A lot!

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

First impression: Not very original. Has the same vibe as Post Malone's song and even has a very similar (if not the same) guitar intro. I'll have to listen to it a few more times though to determine if I like it or not.

LOVE IT! It's a new angle, doesn't sound like the super-crunchy sludge of the last few albums. His range has improved greatly! His melody is great and the music bed (let's call it what it is) is very complimentary. It's not "Riffy" or anything, but like I said, this is a new angle. Looking forward to more from the album.

I think this is a solid 7.75 and I can't imagine anyone, certainly not me, expected it!

Well done, Ozzy! Warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    I fucking like it! A lot!

Eh. It's okay. His voice is way over-processed. Looking forward to other tracks from the album. Hope this isn't one of the better cuts.

Good for a soft song.

Decent song, better than I was expecting. A bit simplistic and not very interesting musically, but Ozzy's vocals sound great. I'm glad he's been able to do something during all this down time.

I liked the song. Ozzy's vocal melodies and how the song switches at parts from acoustic to heavy, I liked alot. Looking forward to more material from this album, Ordinary Man.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

It’s well written, a fresh take on a familiar formula! Thanks Oz, and I guess thanks to Kelly too?? Lol
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

I did think the song was ok. It didnt really stand out too much but I did like the chorus. Thought it was catchy. I didnt mind the Post Malone song he did either. Its just great to have a new album to look forward too! Honestly thought it was pretty cool that both Ozzy and King Diamond released singles on the same day. Looking forward to both their albums!

The song itself was enjoyable enough but some production choices “Sabotage” it’s full potential. Not blown away but I liked the attempt at a different approach in sound for better or worse though again, processed vocals, etc. fuck it up the most.

Better than I thought it would be. Cool that he has Duff and Chad on the album.

It's a big departure from the traditional Ozzy sound. Feels like a throwback to the more "studio" songs from the Ozzmosis era, getting some Back on Earth vibes. I like it, and it's a song I can see attracting a younger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by 62_SG View Post
    It's a big departure from the traditional Ozzy sound. Feels like a throwback to the more "studio" songs from the Ozzmosis era, .
    Funny, I was sort of reminded of "My Little man"

I have great expectations for this album, Ordinary Man, title information given to me by the great Maestro.

Been listening to Under The Graveyard since it’s release, Ozzy never disappoints!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I think that Ozzman gave us a sign of a great comeback. The song is having sn "Ozzmosis" vibe and i really like it because Ozzmosis is one of my favorite albums from Ozzman's discography. The song, the cover and the whole aesthetic, really bring in mind something made around Ozzmosis's era. I'm curious to see if we will have an Ozzmosis 2 with Ordinary Man. The song is really good, i'm curious to hear the rest of the stuff.

I really dug it on the first listen, and it's only continued to grow. I didn't expect something like this from the Ozzman at this stage in his carreer. This is reeeeeally good!

It's a cool, and unexpected, all-star band he's got playing on the new album too. Chad Smith on drums and Duff McKagan on bass plus the producer guy on guitars.

Good song with good production and mix... kinda old school sounding, the music is not too in your face - forward which lets Ozzy's vocals shine bright... the ending could be a bit better but overall very good.

I see the guitar solo getting a lot of shit on certain sites. It seems to have been a controversial choice having a non-virtuoso play on an Ozzy solo track. Folks seem to forget that Tony Iommi was far closer to this style of guitar playing than virtuosos like Randy, Zakk and Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    I see the guitar solo getting a lot of shit on certain sites. It seems to have been a controversial choice having a non-virtuoso play on an Ozzy solo track. Folks seem to forget that Tony Iommi was far closer to this style of guitar playing than virtuosos like Randy, Zakk and Gus.
    That's exactly what I said about the solo, it sounds almost like a homage to 70s Iommi.
    The whole song uses the 70s Sabbath formula, which isnt such a bad thing...it just isnt as good in any department.