Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ozzy Osbourne says that he has completed work on a new solo album!!!

Ozzy Osbourne says that he has completed work on a new solo album.

In just 4 weeks.

So there, folks.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy...ne-2019-album/

Ozzy
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

I'm a little nervous that it was produced by Post Malone's guy. Wondering who the musicians are.

Wait....what? A new album?! I heard he had been talking with someone named "Andy" about recording some new music. I'm surprised it happened this fast. However, this article makes me hesitant about the album since it's being produced by "Post Malone's producer." Just have to wait until a song is released.

New production team hopefully brings something completely fresh too. Wouldn't mind Ozzy going way back to some super sounds of the 70's...

Well, damn! That was completely out of the blue. Seemed like he just gave up on doing a new album all together, and figured his condition would only make that more true, definitely not less. Great news, regardless of whether that means it'll be a good album or just that Scream won't be his last. Great news either way!

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. I did NOT see this coming. Looking forward to hearing something soon!

Great news.. Hopefully Zack is playing guitar on it.

So, just to remind everyone, I was the guy who said "I think Ozzy might be dead..."

Well, he's not dead, evidently....but I'm telling you, guys...there's something very fishy about Ozzy.

Also that Post Malone track...Ozzy is hitting notes much higher than he did on 13 and tour.

There's something rotten in Denmark.

4 weeks sounds both promising and foreboding at the same time.

Maybe it's stuff he's had in the can for a long time?
    The Beatles-y album?

I really hope it isn't more doom gloom tomb spoon fare, and that Zakk and Blasko aren't on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    4 weeks sounds both promising and foreboding at the same time.

Maybe it's stuff he's had in the can for a long time?
    The Beatles-y album?

I really hope it isn't more doom gloom tomb spoon fare, and that Zakk and Blasko aren't on it.
    Well, brace yourself for Ozz/Wylde/Blasko/Clufetos/Wakeman lineup.

The Beatles-y stylings combined with some mid-70's Sabbath and early 90's Ozzy...mmmh.

Isn't this producer some kind of multi-instrumentalist & multi-genre enthusiast? It must have an impact on the end result, I might think.

4-week recording process for a full 9-song album, considering Ozzy's recent health bouts, is definitely foreboding and promising! This album might be very good and fleshy.

This is great news, first heard it yesterday through my friend Maestro, can’t wait.

Anyone heard a release date and title?

Big surprise, for sure.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

"Greatest album I've done". I'm hoping it's decent, but going from absolutely nothing to better than Randy Rhoads collaborations in such a short time is a little hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
    "Greatest album I've done". I'm hoping it's decent, but going from absolutely nothing to better than Randy Rhoads collaborations in such a short time is a little hard to swallow.
    He says that about every album he put s out though, doesn't he?

I certainly re.ember Ozmosis getting talked up by him and then the story changing dramatically and he hated it a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
    Nothing will ever be greater than the first two solo albums.

He says that about every album he put s out though, doesn't he?
    A lot of artists say that.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Nothing will ever be greater than the first two solo albums.

A lot of artists say that.
    Yes, they are selling/promoting a product and not about to say "this album is a turd".

Obviously once the promo/tour cycle is finished they can rubbish it, conveniently promoting the latest album/product as the best yet!

He wasn't wrong though about Ozmosis...it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
    It was when he was promoting it.Later when he was honest he sayed he hated it.
    Last edited by Kennyz; 09-20-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Blizzard Of Ozz - including the very best
    Diary Of A Madman - the whole original band at their peak performance
    Bark At The Moon - the one with the most magical mood throughout the album
    The Ultimate Sin - one of the greatest of all 80's hard rock albums
    No Rest For The Wicked - the most viciously hard-hitting of Ozzy's albums
    No More Tears - the first, the heaviest and the dearest
    Ozzmosis - maybe the best of the very few great mid-90's heavy rock albums (challenged only, maybe, by Alice Cooper's The Last Temptation and Mötley Crüe's namesake)

I like Black Rain and Scream better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Ozzmosis - maybe the best of the very few great mid-90's heavy rock albums (challenged only, maybe, by Alice Cooper's The Last Temptation and Mötley Crüe's namesake)
    Oh man, how good an album is The Last Temptation?
    It has a lot in common with Ozmosis for those who don't know, both featuring Blades and Shaw, Duane Baron and John Purdell.
    It's also a bit hodge podge, made up of songs by different songwriting teams and producers.

Mid 90's greatness screams "CROSS PURPOSES" and "FORBIDDEN" ..... after that , nothing even comes close.

..... Ya "8th Star" , but most know it as "DEP" .... tho it's really not.

..... and guessing '92' is early 90's ,, otherwise 'THE' album for that year , trounces everything - everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    1.Blizzard of Ozz
    2.No Rest for the Wicked
    3.Bark at the Moon
    4.Diary of a Madman
    5.The Ultimate Sin

The rest of his solo albums i don´t care so much for.

I wonder who's actually playing on this, and if we'll ever get to hear it. It's been pretty quiet about it for a while now.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/zakk-w...ng-solo-album/

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    I wonder who's actually playing on this, and if we'll ever get to hear it. It's been pretty quiet about it for a while now.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/zakk-w...ng-solo-album/
    You think there'd be more news concerning the album if it's already finished, it would be nice if it were veteran musician's involved, like from his era.

Nothing will ever be greater than the first two solo albums..
    Blizzard would be hard to top. I'm of course excited by a new Ozzy album but I'm going to keep my expectations kinda low. I did like "Scream" quite a bit. Would be tremendous if the new album sounds like "13"

Quote Originally Posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
    Blizzard would be hard to top. I'm of course excited by a new Ozzy album but I'm going to keep my expectations kinda low. I did like "Scream" quite a bit. Would be tremendous if the new album sounds like "13"
    I have to disagree. An Ozzy-album shouldnt sound like a Sabbath-album. They're their own, different things.

I am assuming ANDREW WATT is gonna be on guitar. He played the guitar solo on the Post Malone track. Ozzy said he wrote the album with Andrew. And Andrew has confirmed that he produced the album. So... it’s pretty safe to say Andrew Watt will be on guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say it but I don't have high expectations for the album, but I hope it rocks...I can't believe he didn't ask Zack to play on it as Zack always defends him and most likely will be his last album.

I have no great expectations either but I'm glad that Zakk and or Blasko aren't on it.

I'm glad Kevin Churko isn't involved.

I liked Black Rain as an album. To me, it was the next step for Ozzy's sound following Down To Earth, but to do the exact same album again with Scream was a mistake. They didn't' utilize Gus G that much in the writing process, the tempo of each song was in the same order as the songs in Black Rain.

I am looking forward to listening to Ozzy's new album. However, my expectations are also not very high.

I'm curious to hear what this Andrew Watts sound like on the Ozzy album, I'd welcome a heavy Sabbath sounding album from Ozzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    I have to disagree. An Ozzy-album shouldnt sound like a Sabbath-album. They're their own, different things.
    I'm sure it won't sound like a Sabbath album, but Sabbathy perhaps and I'd love that.

Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I am assuming ANDREW WATT is gonna be on guitar. He played the guitar solo on the Post Malone track. Ozzy said he wrote the album with Andrew. And Andrew has confirmed that he produced the album. So... it’s pretty safe to say Andrew Watt will be on guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Axe, great to see you back posting brother, hope all is and has been good with you, I'm beyond excited and stoked for the new Ozzy album, and am sure he won't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Hate to say it but I don't have high expectations for the album, but I hope it rocks...I can't believe he didn't ask Zack to play on it as Zack always defends him and most likely will be his last album.
    I have no great expectations either but I'm glad that Zakk and or Blasko aren't on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
    I'm glad Kevin Churko isn't involved.

I liked Black Rain as an album. To me, it was the next step for Ozzy's sound following Down To Earth, but to do the exact same album again with Scream was a mistake. They didn't' utilize Gus G that much in the writing process, the tempo of each song was in the same order as the songs in Black Rain.

I am looking forward to listening to Ozzy's new album. However, my expectations are also not very high.

For the rest my expectations are very high!!! Can't wait.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKEST LIGHT For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (11-07-2019)

A radio station just leaked it - it's called “Under the Graveyard” with Duff McKagan on bass, Chad Smith in drums, and Andrew Watt on guitar.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to rossmosis For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (11-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rossmosis View Post
    A radio station just leaked it - it's called “Under the Graveyard” with Duff McKagan on bass, Chad Smith in drums, and Andrew Watt on guitar.
    Ozzy sounds great on this.
    The verses make me cringe a bit but the chorus is good.
    Definitely in the Sabbath vein I thought , the guitar solo reminiscent of 70s Tony

Will this be available on iTunes tomorrow? I’m trying to presave it but can’t.

Thank DL!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossmosis View Post
    Thank you Rossmosis!

Ozzy sounds great on this.
    The verses make me cringe a bit but the chorus is good.
    Definitely in the Sabbath vein I thought , the guitar solo reminiscent of 70s Tony
    Wheels I’m stoked!!!!

Thank you most of all my good friend Maestro for letting me know first, you’re the man!!!!!

Great, really great song.
    What a voice!
    Amazing melodies.
    Well done, Ozz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiano75 View Post
    Great, really great song.
    What a voice!
    Amazing melodies.
    Well done, Ozz.
    Fabiano can you provide a link to the song?

Fabiano can you provide a link to the song?
    https://bayou957.radio.com/media/aud...r-graveyardmp3

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabiano75 For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (11-07-2019)