Default Dio era - more live releases, where are they?

I'm listening to Live Evil from vinyl, the song Heaven And Hell.

Hope you read that and gave it a thought. Sabbathman with Live Evil.

Right.

OK, so it's my personal opinion, a solid stance, that it's a travesty that we are still missing a restored live release with footage from Dio's first stint with Black Sabbath. And the second one too! Remember New York '92? Yes, it's a travesty. The world is full of kings and queens, oh yes. Full of mediocre and even shit bands releasing DVDs and Blurays. But no DVD from Dio stints #1 and #2. Some bands, although well deserved, even flood the market with live material, "too many takes of the same songs" as my good friend always says. But no Black Sabbath early 80's and 90's.

Too much heavy metal in the same lineup? For some people, maybe...

Everytime I listen to this live album, I'm reminded that they not only recorded it, but they also filmed it!

HALLOWEEN RIFFS, WALL-TO-WALL GUITARS...AND OVER-THE-TOP VOCAL MASTERY!!!
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Quote Originally Posted by IRON-MaN View Post
    The Forbidden mix is moving slowly (on & off), we might actually get some Dio/related material released heading towards his 10th passing anniversary next year (I can't spill the news but its most likely the live album everyone wanted to have officially released on DVD for many years now ).

Ozzy is still not doing well.
    Posted by our very own IRON-MaN.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Thank you both for giving me hope. I really do wish that releases like this will see the light of day at long last...Black Sabbath's early 1980's should already be cemented on different formats.

Speaking of New York 1992...No amount of epicness is enough when it's Dio with Black Sabbath! How I wish we could have a show like this restored on DVD/Bluray...

Oh come on. I mean, the sheer amount of musical excellence and power on the same stage is just staggering. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria! But no restored releases from 1992. No.

As much as I love different legendary heavy metal bands, there's no one beyond Black Sabbath with Dio. No one. Even Black Sabbath with Ozzy won't reach a higher tier than this one. Not in my books.

I cannot express how thankful I am that I got to see this very same lineup 3 times in 2007-2009, saw the Riff Master from a close distance in the hallway (and someone still wonders why I always dress in black!), met the Battering Ram in the café and then met the Man with the Leaden Throat (remember?) himself in his backstage room.

Luckily we have 3 professionally made live releases from this greatest of times (New York 2007, Rockpalast 2009 and Wacken 2009). Time travel is possible, no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Thank you both for giving me hope. I really do wish that releases like this will see the light of day at long last...Black Sabbath's early 1980's should already be cemented on different formats.

Speaking of New York 1992...No amount of epicness is enough when it's Dio with Black Sabbath! How I wish we could have a show like this restored on DVD/Bluray...

Oh come on. I mean, the sheer amount of musical excellence and power on the same stage is just staggering. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria! But no restored releases from 1992. No.

As much as I love different legendary heavy metal bands, there's no one beyond Black Sabbath with Dio. No one. Even Black Sabbath with Ozzy won't reach a higher tier than this one. Not in my books.

I cannot express how thankful I am that I got to see this very same lineup 3 times in 2007-2009, saw the Riff Master from a close distance in the hallway (and someone still wonders why I always dress in black!), met the Battering Ram in the café and then met the Man with the Leaden Throat (remember?) himself in his backstage room.

Luckily we have 3 professionally made live releases from this greatest of times (New York 2007, Rockpalast 2009 and Wacken 2009). Time travel is possible, no doubt about that.
    Have you heard the radio broadcasts from Boston 1992? Aside from the few live tracks we got on the Dehumanizer-era singles (and the deluxe reissue of Dehumanizer), they might be the closest we'll get.

The older I get, as the years go passing by, the more I appreciate Dio as a vocalist, performer, song writer and charismatic persona. Dio is really the end of the list, the last in line, the throne room, the top of the tower, the peak of the pyramid, the golden summit of the mountain above the clouds. There's no-one beyond Dio, the vocal master, the voice of heavy metal. We still have those among us who are in the same awesome league of legends, the VIP club, the exclusive cabinet, the round table. But no-one can take Dio's place, ever. The seat is empty, but the flame will burn always.

RONNIE JAMES DIO

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Ok and what DVD is it we have been wanting for years now?

That looks like an awesome show. I need to find this boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
    Ok and what DVD is it we have been wanting for years now?
    The video version of Live Evil, I'd guess.
    Last edited by SweetSymptom; 11-07-2019 at 01:49 AM.