Default Black Sabbath album 50th anniversary!

Here's to Black Sabbath the album's 50th anniversary today!

Did you listen to any Sabbath today to celebrate? I started my music listening today by listening to Black Sabbath the song as a tribute to one of the greatest albums ever made.
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (10-16-2019)

Isnít the eponymous debutís anniversary on February 13th 2020?

You are right it was recorded on October 16th 1969.

Happy anniversary to the greatest album ever recorded in the annals of music history, the best there ever was and the best there ever is and will be!!!!!!
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 10-16-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

70sOzzyBlackSabbah! (10-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Isnít the eponymous debutís anniversary on February 13th 2020?

Happy anniversary to the greatest album ever recorded in the annals of music history, the best there ever was and the best there ever is and will be!!!!!!
    Yes, the first album was originally released in the UK on 2/13/70. It didn't arrive in the States until June, and eventually hit the Billboard charts on 8/29/70.

I'm also partial to the first album. It truly was the foundation for every Sabbath album that followed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Isn’t the eponymous debut’s anniversary on February 13th 2020?

"Wicked World" and "Evil Woman" were recorded earlier. And, according to Martin Popoff’s Black Sabbath FAQ book, the tape with “Behind the Wall of Sleep,” “Black Sabbath,” “The Wizard” and “N.I.B.” was dated November 17, and the tape with “Sleeping Village” and “The Warning” was dated November 18. Those dates are also listed on some of the more recent releases. October is the month most often reported, but it seems to be incorrect.

Bah, I'm not going to celebrate any recording dates, not even if I had the tape box with the date written on it in front of me.

Feb 13th 2020. That's when I'm going to listen to the mighty debut album, from vinyl. Loud.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Quote Originally Posted by nolanstolz View Post
    "Wicked World" and "Evil Woman" were recorded earlier. And, according to Martin Popoff’s Black Sabbath FAQ book, the tape with “Behind the Wall of Sleep,” “Black Sabbath,” “The Wizard” and “N.I.B.” was dated November 17, and the tape with “Sleeping Village” and “The Warning” was dated November 18. Those dates are also listed on some of the more recent releases. October is the month most often reported, but it seems to be incorrect.
    Thanks for all that info Nolanstolz, I'll be celebrating February 13th 2020,hopefull we'll get a special something for that anniversary.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)