- Bill Ward – Vocals
- Keith Lynch – Guitar
- Paul Ill – Bass
- Ronnie Ciago – Drums
- Produced by Barry Goldberg
- Engineered by Kevin Keller
- Recorded at Studio A, Rumbo Recorders, Canoga Park, CA
- Recorded Sep 27th to Oct 2, 2002
- Mastered by Gavin Lurssen (Oct 8, 2002)
- N/A – Bill pressed these CD’s himself, so it doesn’t have an actual catalogue number as such.
- This CD single was released to the public on November 11th, 2003, although it was sent to some other folks (see press release) earlier than that.
- Straws is the only song on the CD
- Straws is only available as a charity purchase from billward.com – go here for purchase details.
- Straws was originally available as a free (legal) MP3 download from billward.com. It was later withdrawn when the CD’s were made available.
- Bill was on the radio on Nov 2003 talking about Straws. Download this file to hear Bill talk about the charities and the song.
BILL WARD OF BLACK SABBATH TO ISSUE LIMITED EDITION “STRAWS” CD-SINGLE ON VETERANS DAY, NOVEMBER 11 AT WWW.BILLWARD.COM
ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT CHARITY
Bill Ward, drummer and founding member of Black Sabbath, has announced that 1,000 Limited Edition CD-singles of “Straws” the song he wrote and recorded to express his concerns regarding the war with Iraq and the escalation of terrorism, will be available exclusively on his web site, www.billward.com, beginning on Veterans Day, November 11, 2003.
Each “Straws” CD-single is numbered and autographed by Ward, and all proceeds will be donated to the charity of each purchaser’s choice from the following five organizations: the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, the Alice Faith Mittelman Foundation, the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation, the National Veterans Foundation, and the Inner City Music Program (Bands not Gangs) Los Angeles.
A total of 2,200 copies of the Limited Edition “Straws” CD-singles were produced in all, with Ward servicing 1,200 copies to governmental heads of state throughout the world, humanitarian organizations, peace support groups, media outlets and fellow musicians. Among those who have received the special package are President George W. Bush, British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and members of the United States Congress. ###