Tonight I’m bringing you a site exclusive. This past weekend, Bill Ward held his Absence of Corners art gallery show in Anapolis, MD. To that, my friend Damian (who does a lot of the work on the forums here) interviewed Bill. Last night I posted a sneak peek of the audio, and tonight I’m bringing you the full interview. This is a 21 minute audio interview done over the telephone. Bill Ward talks about several subjects, but one thing that is very cool was the news that on Day 1 of the Absence of Corners exhibit, Bill got behind a drum kit and played drums for the first time since last September when he had his health problems! That’s pretty exciting news, as the world is better off with Bill Ward behind a drum kit!
Here’s a list of what Bill talked about:
- Obviously the gallery and his artwork
- The previously mentioned fact that he played drums for the first time since last fall.
- His 2012 “Statement” about Black Sabbath
- His shoulder surgery, and the diverticulitis surgery he had last fall (in some excruciating detail at times).
- The 2004 gig where Oz fell sick, and they got Rob Halford to step in on vocals.
It’s a great interview, and great to hear Bill again. I’ve uploaded the clip to Youtube, so check it out below.
Damian has done some other interviews for this site (Tony Iommi & Ronnie James Dio to name a few), you can see an archive of them elsewhere on this site.
Thanks to Bill, Walter, & Liese for granting the interview time and making it happen. Thanks again to my pal Damian who once again stepped in for me when I couldn’t be there myself. Thanks to Walter and the art gallery themselves for the photos used in the video clip above (Youtube doesn’t let you upload purely audio clips, so i had to stick some pictures in there, let Google cover that bandwidth, eh? :)